Not Engaged Yet

NYE Dress Advice

I know it's a little premature, but I have a wedding to go to on New Year's Eve, and I'm looking at some dress options. Help?

1. Daisy Fuentes black lace v-neck - Clicky
2. JLo black long sleeve lace - Clicky
3. Chaps navy long sleeve lace - Clicky

Also, tonight, I'm asking the boy I've been seeing to go with me. :-)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NYE Dress Advice

• I love the third one!  Good luck asking the boy out :):):)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I'm torm between 1 and 3, but I'd probably pick #3. And I may need to order it for myself...

I tried on a dress just like that in Zara a while ago and it looked awesome on my even though I didn't think it would. Super flattering, and a great color.

Good luck asking the boy!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I vote #3 as well. Or #2. They're very similar. I think #3 is more sophisitcated though. 

Have fun with your man candy. ;)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I am head-over-heels for #3. It's classy but still sexy. I think it would be perfect for the wedding...but I could see you wearing it to other events as well.

Good luck!
  • I'm leaning toward number 3 because I prefer navy over black for weddings.  Regarless, I think you need to try on all three of them and take pictures.  That's the only way for us to decide with confidence.  :)
  • I really love #1, but all of them are beautiful.  I'm a big lace fan.

Anniversary

• I second Elle's suggestion of photos!

I like #3 because it's a little more modest that #2.

Good luck asking the boy out!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_nye-dress-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:de4e9750-cc08-4932-b471-a59fc64d87c6Post:ee192e07-c42d-4b35-ba6b-c3cf1667a25f">Re:NYE Dress Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think you should wear the tea length bridesmaids dress.</strong> Otherwise, I vote number 1.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

YES.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_nye-dress-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:de4e9750-cc08-4932-b471-a59fc64d87c6Post:ee192e07-c42d-4b35-ba6b-c3cf1667a25f">Re:NYE Dress Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should wear the tea length bridesmaids dress. Otherwise, I vote number 1.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

This is a good point.  Why are you shopping for a new dress when you already have a gorgeous dress that is perfect for all occasions ever?  You'll never need a new dress again.
  • I hate you all. Well, all of you who suggested the bridesmaid dress.

The only thing I'm worried about with #2 & #3 is that the cut might make me look like a giant uniboob. V-necks (especially with my fkcing fantastic new bras!!) are super flattering with my huge boobs. I'll have to try them on. I'll report back. :-)

*******************************************************************************************

• I vote #1.  I think it's the most universally flattering.
  • I like #3 the best.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like #1 the best but #3 is nice too.
  • I like #1, and #2 as a good runner up, but I might be biased because I just rented two very similar dresses for the last weddings I attended.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I love #3!  Aaaand... Yay for asking the boy! 

• #1 is my favorite. #3 is a close runner up though.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Um, I second Elle regarding needing pics, but I'd lean toward #3 without them.

Am I the only one that thinks asking someone on a date two months in advance might seem BSC? We know BriSox isn't, but it might come off that way to a guy she JUST started dating. My rule of thumb was always you couldn't ask someone to do something if it was more weeks/months away than you'd been dating (note: my dating life prior to DH was NOT spectacular, so take that with a grain of salt). So say you started dating Oct. 1, I'd wait until at least Nov. 15 to ask him to do something on NYE.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I like all three. I know that's no help, but I think trying them on would be best. I think any could be great choices. The first one might be the easiest to use again, though.
  • I like #3 best.

And I agree with Tiger that it seems a little far off to ask someone who you just started dating.  But if it's in a place you have to travel for, the notice might be needed.  I'm torn.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • I vote for #1 because it looks exactly like my most favorite dress to wear to weddings. I feel super sexy in it but still classy.

I also agree with you about the possibility of the uni-boob in the other 2 so if you wanted a longer sleeve, I love #3 as well but would need to see it on you first (to rule out said uni-boob).

You're going to be a hot tamale!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards