African American Weddings

I pulled the trigger....RSVP related...

So I pulled the trigger ladies. We've already reached the number of guests that we were hoping to stay at and we're 2 weeks past the RSVP deadline. So, for those that I did not receive an RSVP back from, have contacted and may or may not have heard back from them, I sent the the following message via emai, fb, or however else I've been in contact with them:

A RSVP has not been received from you for our August 6th wedding. Since a response was not received by the RSVP deadline, we have submitted our final counts to our reception venue and regret that you will not be in attendance to share in this occasion with us.

Lovingly,
Dante & Kelly
 A&M..I stole some of this from you..so thank you!

I am a tad worried about backlash for whatever reason, but I'd rather deal with it now than have someone try to show up that has not RSVPed.

Ladies...words of comfort??? lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I pulled the trigger....RSVP related...

• happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure that is SUPER stressful but you got to do what you got to do.   People really don't understand the importance of the RSVP so I commend you. 
    80 said yes image
  • edited December 2011
    i agree. it's ridiculous that people have absolutely no idea what goes into weddings.

send it off and if you get backlash you know what THEY CAN DEAL WITH IT

how dare they

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You may or may not get backlash, but its a good chance you'll get folks saying, "oh girl I forgot to rsvp but we're still coming" or "I lost my invite, but still put me down as yes". Those are some ridiculous responses I got...smh.

Words of comfort: Well Done!! Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it.  I think you did the right thing. Some people dont understand how important it is to RSVP.  If you get any backlash, you know how to handle it. This is your day and your time.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_pulled-triggerrsvp-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6f5dccee-e930-4d7f-96e6-8ef6619d3688Post:86b1f333-9bc8-4793-b118-f6626c147b60">Re: I pulled the trigger....RSVP related...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You may or may not get backlash, but its a good chance you'll get folks saying, <strong>"oh girl I forgot to rsvp but we're still coming" or "I lost my invite, but still put me down as yes". </strong>Those are some ridiculous responses I got...smh. Words of comfort: Well Done!! Lol
    Posted by lil01[/QUOTE]

See...this is exactly why I put that we've already submitted our numbers to the venue...knowing good and damn well we won't do that til mid july.

But honestly, we like the number we're at, the deadline has passed and I would like to get started on my seating chart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Don't even worry about the folks who try to get mad.  They had plenty of time to send in the RSVP.  If they didn't that on them not you.  Let the mess roll right off your back.  You totally did the right thing!

Shoot I stole A&M's whole faq sheet for my website and I will also be hidding the RSVP tab on the website the day after the RSVP deadline hits.  I ain't playing with these people.  Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

That's what's up!!!

If they get mad or you get any backlash, don't sweat it.  Keep it moving. Not sure why people don't think that RSVP'ing is necessary, it rude and inconsiderate.

I didn't even waste my time calling or chasing down grown ups, I marked them all as no's and gave the venue a list with names and if they aren't on the list they couldn't get in.

• edited December 2011
    I'm definitely stealing this for future reference! Do what you gotta do!
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They will get over it.  They should have followed directions and RSVPed.  Good for you.
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! you guys have way more guts than i do! do what you gotta do though, nobody has money to waste on people who dont rsvp. the unsettling thought for me is that after I submitted my numbers to the venue, i received 5 cancellations on people that rsvp'd. I wont be getting that $$ back. It just seems like you never really know who is really going to come until the day of the wedding. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards