September 2012 Weddings

Save the Dates

Our weddings are pretty far out... at what point do you plan on sending STD? Did you do it as soon as you set the date? A year in advance? A year and a half?

Re: Save the Dates

• Hi there!  I personally had to send out a newsletter because we moved the venue to Disney World and 99% of FI family is up north since we are in FL.  About 25% of my family is also out the area as well.  Anyway I think that was the best idea because it has given everyone a heads up on what our plans are and to give people plenty of time to plan and save for the wedding.  The downside is that we will definitely have over 200 guests (we are on a tight budget) but are looking forward to it all the same.  I can send you the template if you want.  I don't mind.  I will do STD but not until about a year before the wedding, then invites about 4-6 months before the wedding.
    80 said yes image
  • Thank you for posting this.  I was wondering when I should send my STD out.  My plan is to send them about a 11-12 months out.
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I posted the date on social networking forums like Facebook for my friends & family but I won't send them out until next year. Probably 11-12 months out as well :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for this thread! About half of our guest list is coming from out of town, so it makes sense to send them out a little earlier. I'm sure we'll also be posting the date to FAcebook and our website before too much longer, but we're trying to avoid that for now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Check out our wedding blog/site!

"Cause every time I try and tell her how I feel/ it comes out "I love you"
  • Once we have a venue picked and I can update our wedding website, I plan to start working on all of the papercrafting (can't wait to DIY as much as possible!) with STDs being one of the first to get done.  Almost all of my family lives in Texas and friends scattered across the US (while we are in OH), so we want to get the info to everyone kindof far in advance.  I am planning for them to go out around May 2011, about 15 months before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards