South Carolina-Charleston

Visiting Charleston- need help!

Hi girls!  I have always heard what a beautiful city you guys live in!  As a southern belle I want to bring my husband to your town during Christmas to have a little getaway.  I find the BEST vacation advice is from the knot and was wondering if you girls could help us.  Where should we stay?  We love to be close to everything- bars, shopping, all of it!  Anything mid priced from $150-250.  Also anything we HAVE to do while visiting?  What restaurants are a must do?
I REALLY do appreciate any help!
TIA!
Lauren
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Visiting Charleston- need help!

• edited December 2011
    I don't know where to tell you to stay, but if you or your husband are into history (which Charleston is rich in), then you should definitely look into a boat tour with Fort Sumter.  I enjoyed it a lot when I went a year ago. Even if you're not that much into history, it's just a gorgeous island/boat ride.

Hope you have a blast! I wish my FH and I could afford to make it home for the holidays!
    http://mrsdanielparsons.weebly.com Can't figure out the HTML stuff ^^ That's my bio!
  • edited December 2011

Stay downtown for sure. Rates should be very managable around Christmas-- looks at some of the smaller inns (like Anchorage Inn- my parents stayed there during xmas last year) or the Mills House. Best Western on Meeting is nice too.

I live Pearlz Oyster Bar for medium priced seafood and cool bar atmosphere. Lots of other great restaurants too- hard to go wrong.. Just avoid Hymans-- no locals go there.

Fancy- Hanks, SNOBs, High Cotton
    Medium Priced- Poogan's Porch, Pearlz, 82 Queen
    Cheap- Jestine's Kitchen (friend Chicken= on food networks a couple times), Hominy Grill (brunch- always on food network

Check out charlestoncitypaper.com Calender for any Oyster Roasts around town. That would be a cool thing to go to.

have a fun trip!

• edited December 2011
    I would defiantly go to Joseph's to eat. we actually stayed in the Phoebe Pember house, and it was nice. Added bonus is you just park and walk everywhere. Tripadvisor is really good at letting you know the best places to stay. And when you go there stop at the local book store and ask for the walking tour guide book. It's an excellent way to see the city, at whatever pace you wish. If you want a high end restaurant, get into Tristan. That's actually where we're having our reception. Hope you love Charleston as much as I,and a lot of others do. We picked it for our DW, just so we can have a photo shoot through out  the city. Enjoy!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards