California-Tahoe

Heavenly Weddings - singers, djs, decoaration etc.

We are getting married on Heavenly Mountain June 2012.  I'm looking for ideas on a few things:
1 - DJs - if there is anyone that had a DJ up there and did a good job.
2 - Know of anyone that would sing for our ceremony? Would love to have live music vs. a recording for the ceremony.
3 - Decoration ideas

I'd appreciate any info/suggestions!

thanks,
Mandy

Re: Heavenly Weddings - singers, djs, decoaration etc.

• I would also love to know of any singers for the ceremony! Mandy, we are getting married in Tahoe in April 2013 but we have heard good things about Lake DJ? Hope it helps!
  • Mandy,
       I can answer your first two questions with one name--Jeff Jones. Jeff is a friend of mine and an amazingly talented musician. (He's also one of the nicest guys I've ever met). :-)  I photographed a wedding last year where he sang during the ceremony and then was the DJ at the reception. His Facebook page is www.facebook.com/jeffrysjones.
       As far as decorations, use nature! At another wedding I shot the couple tied together manzanita branches and wrapped them in Christmas lights and hung them as light fixtures. Small pinecones with names tied to them as placecards, pine branches tied to railings, etc. with ribbon--be creative!
    Hope that helps,
    Nicole
    Nicole Miller Photography
    Photography, Cinematography, Photo Booths
  • thanks for the info Nicole!  I talked to Jeff this week and loved him!  Sounds like a great guy!
  • He is! I'm glad I could help Mandy!
  • edited January 2012
    Hi Mandy,

If you're looking for a DJ, I highly recommend JJ Entertainment:  http://www.jjentertainment.com/

They did our wedding and are super professional and extremely talented!  I would definitely check them out!

Like Nicole recommended, we had similar natural elements in our wedding.  You can see photos here: http://www.schuelove.com/search/label/Our%20Wedding

Hope this helps!

xo natasha
    schuelove.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards