Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

vendor reviews

My new husband and I just got back from our honeymoon yesterday, and I'd like to share how excited we are about our wedding. 
I'll review the two not so good things first.

Ceremony- St. Bartholowmew Catholic Church.   C
Now, we don't belong there, and I don't know what is customary of churches, but this place was super hard to get ahold of. People would NOT call me back to save the life of me until I started calling every ten minutes. We never met the priest until the wedding day, and our rehersal had to get pushed ahead til 430 since there festival was that weekend, which nobody informed us of until about 2 weeks before the wedding. Luckily everyone could get out of work and there on time, but it happened to be the weekend of Pitt's homecoming and when the tunnels were shut down. Awesome.

Bridesmaids dresses- Exquiste Bride in Murrysville. D-
The only reason I am not failing them is that they were awesome when we went in to pick out dresses. Everything fell apart after that. They were sarcastic and rude on the phone to my bridesmaids. "Forgot" to ship the dresses to my out of state maids, even though the maids paid for them, and called my MOH fat and told her to lose weight since nothing could be done with the dress THEY ordered to small and too short. 

Wedding Dress- The Bridal Beginning- Mt Lebo. B+
This is the only place in the tri state area that carried lazaro dresses, and I fell in love w one on the cover spring 2011 issue of the knot, so i had to try it on before i bought anything. loved it. got it. paid more than i anticipated, and my alterations were pricy. my seamstress was AWESOME, Saida, but I would never go there for BM dresses. The same Levkoff dresses I picked out at exquiste were 50 dollars more here.

Reception- Edgewood Country Club- A+++++
Loved, loved, loved. it was gorgeous. I will post pictures after i get them back. becky was hard to get ahold of, but she was on her game. food was amazing- people are still raving about it.

DJ- 2nd II none productions- A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
I cannot rave more about these guys. We had Eric and Willie, and they were PHENOMANAL. I heard more compliments about the dj than anything else. Eric dances with everyone, has an amazing announcing voice, and played the best music. they have a great online request thing, and planner, and they really  kept the night going.

photographer- 21 Moments- B+
Joe was awesome to work with.  Husband and I havent gotten pictures back yet, so I will update this later.

Cake- Grandma's country oven bake shoppe- A++
Delicious! they have great flavors to choose from, and they use fresh ingredients as they are located on a farm. They were inexpensive as well- so over all it was a win. 

Flowers- Flowers in the Attic- A+++++
Ken is AMAZING! He showed up at the ceremony early with all of the bouquets and whatnot, and they were stunning. Exactly what I wanted. Centerpeices were beautiful and he was well priced as well. He stayed at the ceremony until i walked down the aisle :)

Re: vendor reviews

• Thanks for the reviews about Bridal Beginnings.. That is where I got my dress as well. Exquiste was horrible when I was there trying on dresses very pushy and rude over all. But Again I have seen brides say that they are wonderful.. I just think it depends on the bride, her mood, and when you go to many of these shops as well. Congrats!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards