Alabama

Kinda Freakin' At The Moment...HELP!

My boyfriend told me tonight that he is having to put in his vacation for 2011 at the end of next week. We are planning to get married next year. We are looking at May or any time from August-October. But, I'm worried that we won't be able to get a least some of the things that we want because a. it is less than a year till each time period and b: he has to let work know when he wants off before we can even look at venues. So the bottom line is, we have to find a venue and other rentals  to fit into out time schedule instead of vice versa.
My question is: Are venues and things of that naature already booked for anytime August-October? What about May? AND, What would you do??

PS. I know and engagement is coming soon, but I'm not sure when. So I don't know how soon I will even be able to start looking at venues.

Re: Kinda Freakin' At The Moment...HELP!

• edited December 2011
    You should definately start looking now. I went in August to book a place for March. and welll..... they were booked up until May. They're basically booked for ALL of next year. I almost waited too long. START ASAP! (: congrats! and good luck!
  • lexa10lexa10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Geez.. I figured that was gonna be the case. What places did you look, and where did you end up choosing.. if you don't mind me asking...
  • edited December 2011

Are you plannning a big weddding? Me and my fiance are having two weddings. my fiance is joining the coust gaurd and we have to be married before he leaves for boot camp in 6 months our first wedding is very small with onley 50 guests. We are having it in a civic center its very cheap and very easy to get into with a short nitice i have 2 months and they were wide open and very cheap so you can spend alittle extra on decorations, food, and anything else. And then we are saving for a bigger wedding next year with a bigger venue and more guests its less stressfull this way i found out and you can enjoy yourself and plan a bigger and better one down the road i found out alot of people are doing it this way.

p.s i hope this helps Smile

• lexa10lexa10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are't exactly sure what size our guest list will be.. We could easily have 300 there because we have huge families and tons of friends.. If I was to guess, we will probably try and top it off at 150-200..
    What civic center are you talking about?
  • edited December 2011
    What part of AL?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    First off...DEEP BREATH. You have time, so start looking. Decide on the things you definitely want in a venue and the things you would be willing to pass on. Most venues can be converted into your dream location because of the special touches you bring to it. When we first started looking in July, we were a bit freaked out by how far in advance people had booked, but we still scored a great date at an awesome venue that was within our budget. May-Mid July is always the first to go as well as 3-day weekends, but October should be a pretty good month to try. Don't freak yourself out. I planned my sister's wedding in 6 months and it was awesome, so anything is possible. Good luck! Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    we have the key center civic center it seats up to 250 peaple it is only going to cost us $250
  • michelle2778michelle2778 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with everything.  I booked my venues and vendors for my May 2011 wedding in August & September, and alot of places/vendors were already booked for May at that point.  Not sure how August-October are.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards