Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

hotel blocks

i am getting married next june. When do i need to set up hotel blocks?
November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: hotel blocks

• Options
    It's probably wise to go ahead and start calling around.  I think I started around 6 months out.
    Anniversary

• Options
    We did ours about 5 months out. With such a popular month I would start pretty soon.
  • Options
    I'm getting married in May and set mine up about a month ago. We needed to do so early because our wedding is in a major college town and it is the same weekend as graduation and mother's day. Can't hurt to start as early as possible. Also, don't hesitate to ask for incentives to book your block there, my hotel is actually providing a chartered bus to take guests to and from wedding if they are staying there.
  • Options

Does it cost money to do this? Or do you not have to worry about that, just the guests pay for their room if they decide they want to stay?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hotel-blocks-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:5cc5f56d-05bc-42a8-a136-57a1a33ad6a6Post:d6fd8be1-054c-4d86-86c0-dce037a70fb1">Re: hotel blocks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does it cost money to do this? Or do you not have to worry about that, just the guests pay for their room if they decide they want to stay?
    Posted by LynnJared[/QUOTE]

<div>It costs nothing. They open the rooms back up 2-4 weeks before your wedding (depending on the hotel). It just locks in a rate for your guests if they say they are in your block. It also helps guests know which hotels are closest/ most convenient to your venue.</div><div>If you are having even just a small number of OOT guests, there's really no reason not to do it.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hotel-blocks-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:5cc5f56d-05bc-42a8-a136-57a1a33ad6a6Post:d6d75f32-b97d-4966-9e4e-4c67610d434f">Re: hotel blocks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: hotel blocks : It costs nothing. They open the rooms back up 2-4 weeks before your wedding (depending on the hotel). It just locks in a rate for your guests if they say they are in your block. It also helps guests know which hotels are closest/ most convenient to your venue. If you are having even just a small number of OOT guests, there's really no reason not to do it.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards