• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

invites to celebrities?

i know we've talked about invites to the president, celebrities, athletes, etc.

but here is my ??

do i need to send the full invite?  adding in inserts and stuff?

i'm tempted to just mail sme of the extra invites, without any of the extras..

thoughts?

Re: invites to celebrities?

• I mailed it all!  You never know! lol
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i guess you're right...i was just thinking of saving a couple bucks on postage...

my cheapness is rearing its ugly head!
  • I didn't mail the outer envelope and I already stamped rsvp envelopes so I included those too. Then I figured what the heck my insert is just one more piece. I did feel rebellious not putting it in the outer envelope.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_invites-celebrities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:647Discussion:8ff9574c-2601-473e-8ffb-46d82fa33126Post:d2a12cf6-b035-4ba2-b516-695957270db4">Re: invites to celebrities?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i guess you're right...i was just thinking of saving a couple bucks on postage... my cheapness is rearing its ugly head!
    Posted by cmalchow[/QUOTE]
    i feel you there (especially after my postage fiasco!), but i had already stamped everything and all the invites were already put together by the stationery lady, so i figured what the hell.
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • my cheapness has been rearing its ugly head too lately so glad its not just me!!
  • yeah...

i think i am definitely going to forego making more pocket folds...people that don't give a rat's behind don't care if there is no pocketfold!
  • exactly, i thought the exact same thing its like wait they wont know that they were the only ones to not get a pocketfold!
  • unless the celeb's start stalking - or show up and discuss the lack of pocket fold with other guests...

now THAT would be embarassing!
  • I wanted to invite the Sabres, but FI is too scared that they will actually come!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_invites-celebrities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:647Discussion:8ff9574c-2601-473e-8ffb-46d82fa33126Post:6579b9a0-0b0f-4650-8d08-932477103f6f">Re: invites to celebrities?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted to invite the Sabres, but FI is too scared that they will actually come!
    Posted by apaadzzzz[/QUOTE]

i am worried about this too!

but, how amazing would it be??
  • sorry - PW tonight..

i want to invite bethenny and jason (from new york housewives, bethenny ever after...)

FI says no because it would be so embarassing if next season we're watching and she makes fun of us for inviting her! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2011-weddings_invites-celebrities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:647Discussion:8ff9574c-2601-473e-8ffb-46d82fa33126Post:01fbaee5-79ff-412d-b162-f4bbae5597b7">Re: invites to celebrities?</a>:
    [QUOTE]sorry - PW tonight.. i want to invite bethenny and jason (from new york housewives, bethenny ever after...) <strong>FI says no because it would be so embarassing if next season we're watching and she makes fun of us for inviting her! 
    </strong>Posted by cmalchow[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! O MG That is soooo true! I would be afraid of that too!
  • That is seriously something she would do too. I want to invite Tori and Dean bc I think they are adorable. Who else awesome could we invite to come to our weddings that we've never met?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Ellen!
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I just did one to the president and I sent the whole thing.  He hasn't RSVP'd yet either.  lol.
  • Ooooh, I love the Ellen idea!!  We also thought of Katy Perry and Russell Brandt, but I'm afraid if Katy does show up FI won't go through with the wedding!! :)
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have seriously never heard of this!  Is this a common thing that I am just clueless about?!
  • lots of people do it...so far here is my list:

mickey & minnie
    obamas
    bethenny & jason
    yankees
    red sox
    sabres
    ellen
    michael franti

(holy crap that's a lot!)
  • president and first lady
    yankees
    red sox
    patriots
    khloe and lamar
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I sent them to Minnie and Mickey at both theme parks. I just sent the invite piece and not the RSVP, but I did fold another envelope instead it with my address label and a stamp so they just have to put somehting in and send it to me.
  • Oh, and I invited Santa Claus.. but a real one and I'm paying him.  It IS a Christmas in July wedding so Ithink having Santa for pictures beats the photo booth!
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards