Attire & Accessories Forum

Striking Green Bouquet Ideas?

My wedding colours are going to be green and blue - a sage/celadon type green with dark navy blue accents. I want my girls to be in green dresses with blue accents, while the guys will have blue ties.. (groom really wants a blue tie :) Not going to argue with him having input!!). I'm pretty sure I want the girl's bouquets to be mostly blue with green accents (because I don't want the greens clashing with the dress..? I don't usually think greens clash, but...), but mine to be green with blue accents, since most things will be green... 

My issue is that I like vibrant colours in flowers! I looove the celadon for the bridesmaid dresses, but I would LOVE to have a vibrant bouquet... that doesn't clash....... and there are so few green and blue flowers out there, and most are pale (and/or expensive!). 

This is probably wishful thinking.. but does anyone have any vibrant green or blue flower/greenry suggestions?? I suppose vibrant doesn't have to be exactly the right word... but I don't want a pale, vintage-looking bouquet.. I want something that stands out! I love the look of the vintage-looking green bouquets, but they're not very me...

Re: Striking Green Bouquet Ideas?

• I am all for vibrant bouqets and debated how to coordinate the BM dresses and flower colors. I dont have any suggestions on specific flowers, but a florist will be able to help you pin point those. If you want a darker dress I do like the idea of the bright flowers so it 'pops' of the dress. I dont think the pale flowers will clash but maybe blend in depending on your dress color
  • I'm not aware of any green flowers.  I mean, obviously the green stems and leaves, but not actual green blossoms.  Or blue for that matter.  Sure, like a purple-ish blue, but not BLUE blue.  I think your best bet is to go with pinks and purples that will pop against the green and blue.  But your florist will be able to help you out more than I can.
    DSC_9275
  • I searched and found this:  blue orchids, green spider mums and cream roses

And this: Rich blue hydrangeas and delphinium blooms with steel blue thistle, purple stock and two types of bright green chrysanthemums  AND green button mums, dark purple lisianthus and ivory Majolika spray roses
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_striking-green-bouquet-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:943949c8-b9ff-4b8c-8b91-0682fc361fccPost:98fa836a-d8de-43cc-b42f-ddf8734ee18d">Re: Striking Green Bouquet Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I searched and found this:  blue orchids, green spider mums and cream roses And this: Rich blue hydrangeas and delphinium blooms with steel blue thistle, purple stock and two types of bright green chrysanthemums  AND green button mums, dark purple lisianthus and ivory Majolika spray roses
    Posted by MrsKathyC[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I stand corrected!  Those are beautiful bouquets.

</div>
    DSC_9275
  • If you are willing to look at non-floral bouquets like paper, fabric, or feathers you can find them in whatever colors you like.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Check out: Succulents, Hypericum berries and grass wraps. I wouldn't consider these "vintage-y". They are definitely unique and noticible. You could also try several different forms of foliage. Would be a lot cheaper than trying to incorpoarte green flowers. You could consider fern leaves, rosemary, grass and baby's breath. It's really endless the foliage you could use since it's almost all green.

"Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! Those ideas are great :-) I'll definitely be talking to my florist about it, just wanted some pictures in my head going in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards