Ohio-Cincinnati

music hall reception

We  are considering seriously on booking with music hall for our reception for 250 guests! our estimate for facility rental, beverages (beer, wine and soft drinks) for 4 hours and security comes to around 9500$!  Even though it's  in our budget, I am wondering if it's unreasonable!  We  are allowed to use an outside caterers and need your recommendations please? 

Re: music hall reception

• edited December 2011
    That seems low, honestly.  For 250?  Does that include everything-food, drink, chair set up, tear down, linens, service charges, parking, etc.?  Or does that not include food? 
  • sandmammsandmamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that does sound low... i am having 200 guests at our local country club and our reception is coming to about $13,000 (for set up, food, drinks, linens and the rental time) - it sounds like you got a pretty good deal as long as it includes food.
  • hasylvie3hasylvie3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys...but I wish the food was included. Linens, china, flatware and glasses are not included. I am thinking to get all these extra items with the caterer and I desperately need  your recommendations ladies as I am running out of time!
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Music Hall and it is a little $$$ but SOOOOO well worth it!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think the price will double once you add food to that, but you could talk to a couple caterers to get a rough price quote for however much food and the type of food you're interested in. Don't forget to take the gratuity and tax on food into account too. Gratuity is usually around 20%.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Village Pantry catering also at Music Hall.  They are amazing and the food is even more amazing.  They have many options that fit different budgets.  We are doing sit down dinner with filet and chicken and a Skyline bar at the end of the night and the price in reasonable in my opinion. 
  • edited December 2011

if you can bring any outside caterer in, I would recommend either McHales or Vonderhaars. I met with both and was very impressed. They are both pretty reasonable. 

• abromanelloabromanello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well that definitely is high if the food's not included but it all depends on how important the location is to you.  Before I got engaged I always dreamed of having my reception at Ault Park (like since I was 15) but when I finally went to look at it it was over $15,000 without alcholol!  Even if my dad would have paid that, I just didn't think it could be worth it.  I ended up booking at Moonlite Gardens at Coney Island (also an open-air venue, similar feel), and the price for 200 guests with open bar, food, everything, will be around $12,000.  So for me the dream location wasn't worth the extra $$, but I can totally see that for some people it might be.
  • edited December 2011
    One more thing I just remembered from talking to Music Hall when I was looking for a venue, don't they charge a commission on the food? Maybe something like 10%? I could be wrong on that, maybe that was a different venue. But check on it and take that into account if that is the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards