Texas-Austin

Cake advice?

Hello Austin Knotties,

I'm making another quick trip to Austin in a few weeks, and this time I'd love to do some cake tasting and get them ordered.

Does anyone have suggestions for good places to make appointments? I'd like to spend less than $3 a slice if possible, with $3 being my max. For the bride's cake I'll probably stay pretty traditional with 3 or 4 tiers--pretty but simple--and for the groom's I'd like the curly "W" that is the symbol for the Washington Nationals.

Thank you!

Re: Cake advice?

• Sentelli's!

I interned with them a few years ago, and they are amazing! They put so much into their cakes, and they taste awesome!
  • I was told by my Future DIL, Fantasy Cakes in Round Rock, thats who she had for her cake and said it was Yummy. I will be checking them out ....
  • I actually have a friend who got her cake from central market ( a high end grocery store that has gourmet and organic foods).

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_cake-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:126Discussion:a49cab29-8489-4f67-96a4-cf5c7bd71fabPost:25dfffbe-0700-4ed4-bc89-fed41fa9cb69">Cake advice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Austin Knotties, I'm making another quick trip to Austin in a few weeks, and this time I'd love to do some cake tasting and get them ordered. Does anyone have suggestions for good places to make appointments? I'd like to spend less than $3 a slice if possible, with $3 being my max. For the bride's cake I'll probably stay pretty traditional with 3 or 4 tiers--pretty but simple--and for the groom's I'd like the curly "W" that is the symbol for the Washington Nationals. Thank you!
    Posted by lpick21[/QUOTE]
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Will you be in town for the Bridal Extravaganza on June 3rd?  There are tons of cake vendors who offer show specials at the extravaganza.  We booked Simon Le while at the extravaganza, and took advantage of a show special.  Their cake was yummy & beautiful.
  • We are using Krissy's Cakes. We just met with her recently for our cake tasting and she is awesome and so are her cakes!
  • I second Sentelli's!!  They did our cake for our wedding and it was absolutely amazing!!  This is the final pic so you can see how detailed they are...and it tasted incredible too!!  :)

• I second Krissy's cakes.  They are the only bakery that we use for special occasion cakes because they are just beyond amazing!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Cakes by Rosemary are amazing and in your price range.  We used them and everyone loved the cake.
  • I am using Sweet Treets (with 2 e's), and my cake is $2.75/slice. PLUS they sell cupcakes all the time and you can taste all the yummy flavors anytime you want! (so far I am extremely happy, but my wedding is 7/6 so I haven't seen the finished product but the communication is good and I love Jackie's enthusiasm)
  • We are using Simon Lee, cakes are delicious! Ours is a little more than 3 a slice but it's very intricate in design. They definitely have less expensive options.
  • Thank you all so much! I did a lot of research and ended up meeting with someone another bride from my hometown hired for her September wedding--Cakes by Kathy in Pflugerville. I'll have to tell y'all how she did when it's all said and done :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards