Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

S/O Ikea bed

This is the Ikea bed we're looking at getting:

We aren't getting an "ikea mattress"  and it'll definitely be higher with a box spring.  My bedroom set is all from this collection and we really need something bigger than the full size bed we have now. 

So anyone have experience with ikea beds besides Paprika and happy?  I trust their furniture since my apt is almost all Ikea, but for some reason I'm scared to get a bed from them. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my 2012 shelf:
Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)

Re: S/O Ikea bed

• edited December 2011
    My bed from my parents is a twin from Ikea. I was just the frame, no mattress head board foot board etc. DH and I have slept in it together several time and it never collapsed so I take it as a good sign!
  • DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the choice in bed, very pretty! We have a queen IKEA bed (a black metal one) and we love it! FI loves to hang his clothes on the end of the bed..haha and it is sturdy, easy to put together, and durable. Gotta love IKEA!
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I have a great Queen size from them - not sure what it is, but it's held up well. And no ikea matress for us either - the tempurpedic fits really nicely in the frame though!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't have an IKEA mattress for our bed but we do have one for the guest bedroom daybed. FI says that mattress is horrible and the bed is uncomfortable but it's a guest bed and we rarely have guests stay over. But I do think IKEA matresses aren't very comfortable.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking King size bed since the master bedroom in our house will be HUGE.  We had a king size bed in Key West and it was glorious haha!

Any King size mattress brand should fit right?  That's pretty standard I thought. 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    We have the ikea "malm" with a therapeutic mattress. It's been good so far, though I must say I like the one you have picked out better. Any King mattress should work- I'm jealous you have the space for a king!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had a queen sized Ikea Malm bed for four years which FI got in the as is section.  It moved to four different apartments with us =) 
  • nks14nks14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mana - my FI and i have that same bed in a Queen, and I love it!! We didn't buy an Ikea mattress...just got a standard queen from Sleepys and it fit great. i love love love this bed!
  • nks14nks14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also...i dont know if our mattress is huge compared to others, but we dont have a box spring, and it lays much higher up than that picture shows. it might be super high if you do both. you might want that though! but if not, i would just be sure to measure the mattress and box spring before to make sure its what you want.
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nks - I heard you can lower where the mattress/box spring lays.  But thanks for the heads up.  We will measure and decide if we want/need the boxspring, I definitely want it a little higher than the pic. 

Thanks everyone, I think all the good reviews might push us towards getting the Ikea bed!!!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    DH and I sleep in that exact bed when we visit his parents.  It's good stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards