Military Brides

replanning cause of deployment

sigh. rescheduleing everything is so stressful.
I hate that we had everything planned and then bam... he's gone again. until freakin april. thankfully most of the vendors we booked have been great and let us switch our contracts/money to next year. but sadly my photographer is already booked on our new date and one of my bridesmaids is planning to get her MA in london and is leaving next september. so i have to find a new bridesmaid too?!?! argh.
i had to throw away all the invites and will have to get them reprinted. why cant all of this just go as planned... its just too stressful to plan this whole thing again and without chris here with me to help.
insert a scream here. lol.
okay i feel a bit better now....

anyone else go through this? do you have any advise? does it get easier?

Re: replanning cause of deployment

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had to go through this, but didn't book anything yet knowing we probalby would have to change.  Had you already put down a deposit on your photographer?  I would hope he'l be willing to refund that for military reasons. 

As for your BM, please don't replace her.  She can just be listed in the program as an honorary BM since she can't be there.  But replacing her with another friend implies that she is just a prop in the wedding and can easily be replaced.  And whoever you would ask to step in would know they were second choice.  I know thats not the way you are thinking it to be, but thats how they could easily take it. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I wouldn't replace your BM either.  Many people have odd numbered bridal parties. Also, like dnb said, she is not a prop she is your friend.  It would probably hurt her feelings to be replaced and your back up will definitely know she was second choice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My advice is to wait to have anything printed until the last minute. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I printed my own invites. I saved money and I was able to print them within a couple of days of mailing them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

i checked with all of my vendors and they have a kind of military clause that if something happens because of the military (deployment, orders change) that I can change the date or if we have to leave the area, we actually get our deplosit back. I didn't put dates on our favors either. I'm not ordering STDs just because I don't want to jinx his orders getting changed and he can't leave the command when he's supposed to.(He's supposed to leave in June, the wedding is in July) As far as your BM is concerned, I wouldn't replace her. Have an uneven bridal party, but still keep her included in some of the wedding planning, so this way she is still involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards