Snarky Brides

Would you trade places with Kate Middleton?

A recent poll found that 86% of British women do NOT envy Kate.  The reason?  The fact that she can't lead a normal life.  Do you agree?  Would you trade places with Kate?

I don't think I would.  I've actually felt sorry for her at times for all of this scrutiny (especially about her weight) that she's been under.  Although it would be nice to have a team of wedding planners at this point!

What say you?

ETA: Article (and I apolgize about the typo in the poll. doh!)

Re: Would you trade places with Kate Middleton?

• No.  Never.  Not after what happened to Diana.  I would never want to give up my privacy in that way, and be held to a different standard than every other British woman. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Nope. Not at all. I like being able to have some privacy. The money would be nice, but it's not enough to compensate for that kind of lifestyle. I would have a meltdown.
  • No, because my FI is WAY hotter than Prince William. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-trade-places-kate-middleton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8cbe17bc-3a50-42ff-bcd9-003cfea6c173Post:a5a277f4-7b33-4a97-af52-b106972e2408">Re: Would you trade places with Kate Middleton?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, because my FI is WAY hotter than Prince William. 
    Posted by Sweded[/QUOTE]

I know, right!  He really peaked early in the looks department.
  • I just want all of the money she's going to have. She can keep eveything else that goes along with it
    imageimage
  • Yup. I'll trade my privacy for being wealthy. Though I'm not entirely sure how the royal family even generates wealth, as none of them work. But whatever. If it meant that I didn't have to worry about money any more, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • No way! She could never live a normal life again. I don't think a lot of people recognize how restricted the royals actually are, like they can't travel overseas without getting permission (I can't remember whose permission they have to ask though, I just heard it on CNN during one of their royal wedding newsbits).

I'd like to be that wealthy and live in Buckingham Palace though, haha. Just not famous and under the scrutiny of the British media.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-trade-places-kate-middleton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8cbe17bc-3a50-42ff-bcd9-003cfea6c173Post:4fc0a3eb-e3ea-443b-a160-01d1652da75f">Re: Would you trade places with Kate Middleton?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you trade places with Kate Middleton? : I know, right!  He really peaked early in the looks department.
    Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]

He went from looking like his beautiful momma to his homely father.  Poor guy.  I never thought Harry would be the hot one, but he soooo is now. 
  • SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-trade-places-kate-middleton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8cbe17bc-3a50-42ff-bcd9-003cfea6c173Post:85a474da-00dd-46de-aff0-4a2fea8bca59">Re: Would you trade places with Kate Middleton?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup. I'll trade my privacy for being wealthy. Though I'm not entirely sure how the royal family even generates wealth, as none of them work. But whatever. If it meant that I didn't have to worry about money any more, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I agree with this aspect of it.  The lack of privacy doesn't bother me...not for that amount of money, at least.

Plus, the little girl inside of me would squee big time at the opportunity to be a real, live princess!

ETA:  So, I guess what I'm saying is that if my sexy FI were the Prince of England, yes, I would trade places with Kate in a heartbeat.
  • Poor William is just unfortunate looking, like his daddy. He used to be cute, then his face got all long and horsey.
  • I just want to be able to wear all the hats and fascinators she wears without people thinking I'm crazy. Other than that I would never want to trade places.
  • LC-Admit it, you're just in it for the fancy hats.  ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-trade-places-kate-middleton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8cbe17bc-3a50-42ff-bcd9-003cfea6c173Post:745ba64b-60be-4d69-b9ea-ace7949f2542">Re: Would you trade places with Kate Middleton?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just want to be able to wear all the hats and fascinators she wears without people thinking I'm crazy. Other than that I would never want to trade places.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

Eh, you don't need to be royal to do that!  Look at LC, rocking her hat.

(I love that hat)

• Bay, I actually bought a crazy fascinator for my wedding. We'll see if I have the balls to wear it. I also love LC's hat and wish people still wore hats on a regular basis.
  • It's true. I'd raid that biitch's hat closet.
  • oooooooh I didn't know that. Di's got a baby daddy, huh? Maybe?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-trade-places-kate-middleton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8cbe17bc-3a50-42ff-bcd9-003cfea6c173Post:17631504-3113-433e-a58d-8e9bc1b3bc67">Re: Would you trade places with Kate Middleton?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bay, I actually bought a crazy fascinator for my wedding. We'll see if I have the balls to wear it. I also love LC's hat and wish people still wore hats on a regular basis.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

Me toooo.  I used to love watching the movie <em>Evita</em> and I was so jealous that people wore so many hats back then.  People don't wear enough big hats now.  At least not in the U.S.

• Wasn't he race car driver or something?  I remember hearing about this way back when.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    yes, without a doubt yes. i love all things about the royal family, the history and all the pomp that goes along with it. not only the wealth but the prestige, its royalty dude!! who wouldnt want to be royalty!!
  • It depends. Would I trade just for the chance to be part of the royal family? No. If my H were the prince and I loved him (assuming he was the same guy he is now, just a prince), then yes. Not for the title, but because I love my H.
  • So, I don't know where I got the race car driver thing.  Here's an article from TMZ (so take it with a grain of salt) that references James Hewitt as a possible baby daddy.  It's complete with side by side pics of James, Harry and one of Diana's brother who's also a ginger.

Baby Daddy Article
  • Hell no. There's not enough money in the world to make me want to get jiggy with William. While Kate's wardrobe and soon-to-be royal status is frickin' sweet, it's still not enough for me to get past Will's horseface.
  • I don't think I would. While it would be nice not having to worry about money ever again I like my privacy. I also suspect I could not lounge around the house in my bright red dog flannel pj's and white fluffy robe if I lived in a palace.

I'm not sure how I would feel about all of the ceremony and social events. Part of me thinks "oh dear god torture"  but if I'm not working all day and have that much time for social events it could be cool.
  • Not me.  We could get lucky and come into money someday (Powerball, anyone?), but to lose your privacy like that?  Ick.

Not to mention that once all the wedding fever abates, the baby bump watch will start and she's going to have millions scrutinizing her pregnancy.  Poor girl :/
  • I'm with Nebb on this one.  The history alone would win me over.  Isn't William a descended from Mary Boleyn?  And Henry VIII if Mary's son Harry Carey was actually Henry VIII's bastard?  That's just too cool.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-trade-places-kate-middleton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8cbe17bc-3a50-42ff-bcd9-003cfea6c173Post:41605c17-c20c-4420-8067-2f5d06b7137c">Re: Would you trade places with Kate Middleton?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It depends. Would I trade just for the chance to be part of the royal family? No. If my H were the prince and I loved him (assuming he was the same guy he is now, just a prince), then yes. Not for the title, but because I love my H.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes. I have to agree with this.
  • I wouldn't trade places with her either.

I'm not famous or anything, but because of my job I'm somewhat of a "public figure" and recognizable to some people, which has presented me with some situations where I felt somewhat uncomfortable.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have virtually the entire world watching you.  The pressure would be just impossible to withstand - which is probably why many people in the public eye to that extent have so many problems.

I'm not rich, and yeah, I'd like more money - but I'm not starving, I have a roof over my head and I'm okay.  You can't put a price on privacy, not to me anyway.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-trade-places-kate-middleton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8cbe17bc-3a50-42ff-bcd9-003cfea6c173Post:b07f5139-1dce-409b-af33-cc989b46003b">Re: Would you trade places with Kate Middleton?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm with Nebb on this one.  The history alone would win me over.  Isn't William a descended from Mary Boleyn?  And Henry VIII if Mary's son Harry Carey was actually Henry VIII's bastard?  That's just too cool.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Seriously?!  Sold! 
  • I wouldn't, only because I can't imagine waking up next to that horse-faced man for the rest of my life.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Absolutely freaking NOT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards