Maryland

Oxon Hill-Tent

I am deleting this post because It was being read in a way that made it seem that the staff at Oxon Hill Manor was not flexible with allowing vendors on site early to set up the tent for my event on Saturday. I have spoken with the Manager of the Manor (Joanne) and this matter has been resolved.  My event is still being held at this location and it is still my intention to recommend this venue to other brides looking for a beautiful location for thier wedding.

Re: Oxon Hill-Tent

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand... If it's not in the contract then it's not your problem, I believe its the venue's for not explicitly stating you must confirm with all events during the entire weekend.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Wow...this sounds like a nightmare. I can't even imagine such restrictions!

First to note, I can't think as to why anyone wouldn't be interested in a tent, especially when the cost can be split between multiple parties, when having an outdoor ceremony and/or reception. How can you not prepare for rain in case it happens?

The contractual stuff sounds like b.s. to me...I might go as far as contacting a lawyer for a consultation to see what your options are. At the very least, your venue should not restrict certain times for vendors to be on-site - they should make an exception and allow the rental company to come early Saturday morning to set it up for you since the Friday couple doesn't want the tent.

You're saying if you start at 11am your vendors can arrive no earlier than 9am? Your venue should have staff members of their own that should be on-site before 9am if you have an 11am start time...especially if they're hosting two functions that day. I know at my facility when we have two weddings (pretty much every single Saturday, one in the daytime and one in the evening) our cleaning staff and our executive chef are in at 6am!

I just can't believe they're not willing to be flexible at all with their time restrictions as to when vendors can and/or cannot be on-site. And while I don't believe preferential treatment should be given to a bride/groom just because of their date/time and/or grand total, they're still not being fair as to what they're telling you versus what was contractually agreed upon...business is business and a contract is a contract!

Best of luck to you...hope you can find a win/win solution in the end.
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    well, is it possible to start your event at noon?  Sucks to deal with that but its better than losing your venue or sitting in the rain over it.  OR can you offer to pay for someone to be there at 730 so the tent guys can set up??  If the sunday event still wants the tent you can just have it taken down after their event.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards