New York-Hudson Valley

VENDOR REVIEWS 9/15/12

We just got married on Saturday in Rye, NY and I wanted to let everyone know of our vendors.  If anyone wants any additional info, feel free to PM me:

Venue-Coveleigh Club:  AMAZING.  Honestly, people were blown away by the setting.  It is the most beautiful place, and people thought they were sitting in a postcard.  Not to mention, the service and courtesy that the workers show is outstanding.  They go out of their way to make sure everyone is happy.  I cannot say more about this venue.  It's a diamond in the rough!

Planners--Weddings by Debra Thompson: I do not know what we would have done without Debra and her team.  They made the day so easy for me and my family.  There wasn't one thing they weren't on top of or took care of.  There were 4 planners in attendance during the day and all their #1 priorities was to make sure our day was perfect, and it was.  They are superb.

Photographer-Peter Oberc: Peter is a blast!  He is this really cool, really talented photographer.  Some members of our family aren't very comfortable in front of the camera, but he was making them laugh the entire time.  He got some amazing shots, and he totally knew what he was doing.  The Asst. he brought was equally as talented, and they worked so well together.  We are so lucky to have had him for our day. I can't wait to see the pics.

Photobooth-The Booth Photo Video:  This was the highlight of the reception.  People loved it!  The booth isn't a traditional mall set up, it's a background screen and a camera.  The camera operator was hilarious, and he was totally in the mindset, the crazier the photo, the better!  They brought great props and really made our reception so much fun. Again, I can't wait to see how they came out.  A must have!

Hair-Melissa Scrofani, Westchester HairStylists:  I really, really, enjoyed getting to know Melissa leading up to my wedding. She is so cool, so nice, and really talented.  She made me feel so comfortable and I was really able to relax...and oh yeah, she does great hair!  It doesn't matter if your hair is short, long, curly, straight, frizzy, etc, she makes it look beautiful!  I showed her some pics of what I wanted and she made it look even better than the photo.  Unbelieveable! 

Makeup--Jill Imbrogno, JK Flashy:  JK Flashy has really been blowing up the wedding circuit, and it's for good reason, she is such a professional!  She really knows what she is doing and applies flawless makeup.  Jill and her staff are also really good listeners.  If they do something and you aren't happy with it, they want you to be honest so they can make it exactly what you want!  I loved my makeup and it lasted throughout the whole night!

Flowers-Westchester Floral Decorators: We loved working with Danny and his team.  They are so reasonable and can do amazing things on a small budget.  All they want is for your day to be perfect.  The centerpieces were exactly what we wanted, and the personal flowers were INCREDIBLE!  I loved everything about them, and they lasted throughout the day.  You get so much for your money with them, plus they are so easy-going and great to work with.

Personal Transportation--Dominick's Limo: Al though this was a small part of our wedding, it was a crucial one...getting the wedding party to the venue!  We had a great experience with them, the driver was so nice, and they were not on time, they were EARLY!  They knew exactly where they were going, and it really helped to set the tone for a relaxing day.

Guest Transportation--West Point Tours:  We used West Point Tours for the transportation of the guests to and from the venue.  Again, it was a flawless experience.  They were on time, knew where they were going, and even made the ride fun, playing great music.  It was so wonderful for our guests to have that so they could drink and have a good time.  Reasonably priced too!

Cupcakes-Flour and Sun: DELICIOUS.  We decided on doing 3 different flavors of mini cupcakes, and it was such a hit. People loved that they were able to try different flavors.  A lot of times wedding cake can be dry, but our cupcakes were moist and so flavorful!  We got to be really creative with the flavors too.  Working with Denise was so easy too.  She just made every decision so easy, we didn't have to worry about that at all!

DJ-Turntable Events: Spencer is the greatest!  Honestly the dance floor was packed all night, everyone from my little cousins to my parents.  It was so much fun.  He played the best music, and didn't even need much direction.  He just knew what to play, and what people liked.  The little touches like the encore at the end was just so much fun.  He really made the reception the success that it was!  He also gave me the mic to sing for one of my favorite songs...it was a blast!

Ceremony Musicians--Appassionata Players: Their performance was wonderful.  When I heard them start to play the prelude as I was waiting up in the bridal suite, my heart started to flutter.  They played such beautiful music, and did so with such class. It was such a nice touch to have a string trio at the ceremony, and people were really impressed.  They are truly a talented group.

Hotel-Crowne Plaza, White Plains:  What a perfect hotel.  It was recently renovated and the lobby is this grand entrance which makes it seem so upscale.  Working with the hotel staff on my room block, and hotel bags was a piece of cake, and it all went so seamlessly.  The hotel lobby bar area was a great place for us to hang out afterwards, we ordered pizza and stayed up partying into the wee hours.  The rooms were comfortable and clean.  Plus you can't beat the location, right in downtown White Plains!

Rehearsal Dinner-La Riserva, Larchmont:  Wow!  I don't think I've ever been to a rehearsal dinner where they give you 5 courses!  The food was amazing and the service was top notch.  It was also not too expensive, especially what you get for it...it included wine! They just kept bringing more and more bottles to the table.  It really was a wonderful dinner.

Re: VENDOR REVIEWS 9/15/12

• edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vendor-reviews-91512?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:50abde62-2f08-4461-bb0d-3a7327370953Post:3a565deb-e565-43cf-b889-297ada8093fd">VENDOR REVIEWS 9/15/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just got married on Saturday in Rye, NY and I wanted to let everyone know of our vendors.  If anyone wants any additional info, feel free to PM me: Venue-Coveleigh Club:  AMAZING.  Honestly, people were blown away by the setting.  It is the most beautiful place, and people thought they were sitting in a postcard.  Not to mention, the service and courtesy that the workers show is outstanding.  They go out of their way to make sure everyone is happy.  I cannot say more about this venue.  It's a diamond in the rough! Planners--Weddings by Debra Thompson: I do not know what we would have done without Debra and her team.  They made the day so easy for me and my family.  There wasn't one thing they weren't on top of or took care of.  There were 4 planners in attendance during the day and all their #1 priorities was to make sure our day was perfect, and it was.  They are superb. Photographer-Peter Oberc: Peter is a blast!  He is this really cool, really talented photographer.  Some members of our family aren't very comfortable in front of the camera, but he was making them laugh the entire time.  He got some amazing shots, and he totally knew what he was doing.  The Asst. he brought was equally as talented, and they worked so well together.  We are so lucky to have had him for our day. I can't wait to see the pics. Photobooth-The Booth Photo Video:  This was the highlight of the reception.  People loved it!  The booth isn't a traditional mall set up, it's a background screen and a camera.  The camera operator was hilarious, and he was totally in the mindset, the crazier the photo, the better!  They brought great props and really made our reception so much fun. Again, I can't wait to see how they came out.  A must have! Hair-Melissa Scrofani, Westchester HairStylists:  I really, really, enjoyed getting to know Melissa leading up to my wedding. She is so cool, so nice, and really talented.  She made me feel so comfortable and I was really able to relax...and oh yeah, she does great hair!  It doesn't matter if your hair is short, long, curly, straight, frizzy, etc, she makes it look beautiful!  I showed her some pics of what I wanted and she made it look even better than the photo.  Unbelieveable!  Makeup--Jill Imbrogno, JK Flashy:  JK Flashy has really been blowing up the wedding circuit, and it's for good reason, she is such a professional!  She really knows what she is doing and applies flawless makeup.  Jill and her staff are also really good listeners.  If they do something and you aren't happy with it, they want you to be honest so they can make it exactly what you want!  I loved my makeup and it lasted throughout the whole night! Flowers-Westchester Floral Decorators: We loved working with Danny and his team.  They are so reasonable and can do amazing things on a small budget.  All they want is for your day to be perfect.  The centerpieces were exactly what we wanted, and the personal flowers were INCREDIBLE!  I loved everything about them, and they lasted throughout the day.  You get so much for your money with them, plus they are so easy-going and great to work with. Personal Transportation--Dominick's Limo: Al though this was a small part of our wedding, it was a crucial one...getting the wedding party to the venue!  We had a great experience with them, the driver was so nice, and they were not on time, they were EARLY!  They knew exactly where they were going, and it really helped to set the tone for a relaxing day. Guest Transportation--West Point Tours:  We used West Point Tours for the transportation of the guests to and from the venue.  Again, it was a flawless experience.  They were on time, knew where they were going, and even made the ride fun, playing great music.  It was so wonderful for our guests to have that so they could drink and have a good time.  Reasonably priced too! Cupcakes-Flour and Sun: DELICIOUS.  We decided on doing 3 different flavors of mini cupcakes, and it was such a hit. People loved that they were able to try different flavors.  A lot of times wedding cake can be dry, but our cupcakes were moist and so flavorful!  We got to be really creative with the flavors too.  Working with Denise was so easy too.  She just made every decision so easy, we didn't have to worry about that at all! DJ-Turntable Events: Spencer is the greatest!  Honestly the dance floor was packed all night, everyone from my little cousins to my parents.  It was so much fun.  He played the best music, and didn't even need much direction.  He just knew what to play, and what people liked.  The little touches like the encore at the end was just so much fun.  He really made the reception the success that it was!  He also gave me the mic to sing for one of my favorite songs...it was a blast! Ceremony Musicians--Appassionata Players: Their performance was wonderful.  When I heard them start to play the prelude as I was waiting up in the bridal suite, my heart started to flutter.  They played such beautiful music, and did so with such class. It was such a nice touch to have a string trio at the ceremony, and people were really impressed.  They are truly a talented group. Hotel-Crowne Plaza, White Plains:  What a perfect hotel.  It was recently renovated and the lobby is this grand entrance which makes it seem so upscale.  Working with the hotel staff on my room block, and hotel bags was a piece of cake, and it all went so seamlessly.  The hotel lobby bar area was a great place for us to hang out afterwards, we ordered pizza and stayed up partying into the wee hours.  The rooms were comfortable and clean.  Plus you can't beat the location, right in downtown White Plains! Rehearsal Dinner-La Riserva, Larchmont:  Wow!  I don't think I've ever been to a rehearsal dinner where they give you 5 courses!  The food was amazing and the service was top notch.  It was also not too expensive, especially what you get for it...it included wine! They just kept bringing more and more bottles to the table.  It really was a wonderful dinner.
    Posted by cait7lin[/QUOTE]

I am glad to hear it sounds as though everything went really well for you! Congrats! I am especially interested in your experience with JK Flashy as I have a free trial next weekend with them.  Did you go with airbrush? Who did your makeup that day--Jill or some of the other artists? Thanks! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vendor-reviews-91512?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:50abde62-2f08-4461-bb0d-3a7327370953Post:a78b1b11-2eda-4319-9e08-875b10a079fa">Re: VENDOR REVIEWS 9/15/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to VENDOR REVIEWS 9/15/12 : I am glad to hear it sounds as though everything went really well for you! Congrats! I am especially interested in your experience with JK Flashy as I have a free trial next weekend with them.  Did you go with airbrush? Who did your makeup that day--Jill or some of the other artists? Thanks! :)
    Posted by KristenMarie163[/QUOTE]

My first trial was airbrush, which I used for my engagement photos.  The makeup photographed really well in pictures, but I just wasn't as comfortable with that.  I ended up doing the mineral makeup for my actual wedding day and I loved it. It lasted and looked great.  Lucky for me, Jill was the one who did my makeup, and then she brought an asst, Christine who did my sisters.  They both turned out great.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vendor-reviews-91512?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:50abde62-2f08-4461-bb0d-3a7327370953Post:896e12f0-b90c-4b06-992d-5c2c48878883">Re: VENDOR REVIEWS 9/15/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: VENDOR REVIEWS 9/15/12 : My first trial was airbrush, which I used for my engagement photos.  The makeup photographed really well in pictures, but I just wasn't as comfortable with that.  I ended up doing the mineral makeup for my actual wedding day and I loved it. It lasted and looked great.  Lucky for me, Jill was the one who did my makeup, and then she brought an asst, Christine who did my sisters.  They both turned out great.
    Posted by cait7lin[/QUOTE]

Can I ask you as to what you liked better about the mineral and maybe disliked about the airbrush? I have sensitive break out prone skin (the kind that gets hyperpigmentation/scars easily so I have a few) and I'm a little nervous.  I only wear bare minerals with a little concealer as thats the only thing I can find that agrees with me right now! However, I dont find it photographs that well b/c it has that "shine" to it.  Any input is appreciated as I never have had professional makeup done! Thank you again!
  • thanks for the crowne plaza review! i have a room block there for next year and was wondering about it. makes me excited for my big day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vendor-reviews-91512?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:50abde62-2f08-4461-bb0d-3a7327370953Post:36c62faf-f9c4-4cdd-b31a-0f45e1d83a4c">Re: VENDOR REVIEWS 9/15/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: VENDOR REVIEWS 9/15/12 : Can I ask you as to what you liked better about the mineral and maybe disliked about the airbrush? I have sensitive break out prone skin (the kind that gets hyperpigmentation/scars easily so I have a few) and I'm a little nervous.  I only wear bare minerals with a little concealer as thats the only thing I can find that agrees with me right now! However, I dont find it photographs that well b/c it has that "shine" to it.  Any input is appreciated as I never have had professional makeup done! Thank you again!
    Posted by KristenMarie163[/QUOTE]

I don't wear a lot of makeup, so the mineral just felt more comfortable and natural on my skin.  Neither the mineral or the airbrush should irritate your skin, but I would just talk that through with your makeup artists. The girls at JK Flashy are very well educated when it comes to skin type and appropriate makeup.  Don't worry, they will find something that works for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards