Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

PhotoSharing: Did you do it/Did it work?

I was wondering if anyone has done photosharing, with the little cards and a website.
Did a lot of your guests use the website?

Where there any problems with sharing your password?

Would you have done it again?

I'm just trying to weigh the Pros and Cons about it, I've seen that some girls use shutterfly and give an email address and password, but I'm kinda iffy about giving out passwords. And locally, there aren't too many people who use flickr.

Thank you in advance!
image Married and Junk.

Re: PhotoSharing: Did you do it/Did it work?

• edited December 2011
    Some friends of mine used Olapic (www.olapic.com) and worked very well, they automate the communication with your guests (sending reminders while you're in your honeymoon), they send you the cards, etc. My friends collected a good bunch of pictures, they were quite happy.

They solve that privacy issue creating two sites: A private one (password protected) where the couple can manage all the uploaded pictures and a public one where the guests can upload their pictures and see those approved by the bride.

-L

• edited December 2011
    We did one and it really wasn't a success. Thankfully, I didn't spend a lot of money on the photoshare cards with the website/password, they were a simple DIY. Only two guests out of nearly 200 created a folder on our site and added their own photos. DH's family totally did not grasp the concept. They thought this was a link to our pro photog's site and kept bugging us about the amount of photos there and the quality. LOL
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards