February 2013 Weddings

Invitations?

The Knot says I need to start looking at invitations now, so I think I've got it all figured out.  I found some really cute beachy ones from David's Bridal.  No DIY for me, I'm afraid.  Anyone else started on these yet?

Re: Invitations?

• I have. I am DIY mine. I have a mock up of them but am still working on a few things. I'm trying to get things done early to avoid stresses later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was going to make this a DIY project...but now that it has come close to the time that I actually planned on starting them, I may find someone who will do all the work for me lol!  I really wanted to have either a boarding pass or passport style invite and i've seen some sellers who will do this for me...I hope to mail them by the end of June or July!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Julyet06 Wow isn't that a little early to send out invitations? I was thinking around the 2-3 month mark for that!
  • Ours are DIY and finished already! We just have to stuff the envelopes :
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • We're sending STDs at the end of June/early July and then will send the invites probably late Dec/early Jan. We designed the STDs and then had them printed by Vistaprint.
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • yea it is...since i am having a destination wedding, I was planning on sending the invitations about 4 to 5 months prior..but FI is adamant about sending them even sooner...

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_invitations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:defd124a-2e5a-45ba-8bda-7d3af8ca97aePost:8a3a2e17-1572-4358-988e-e5ec202e03f5">Re: Invitations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ Julyet06  Wow isn't that a little early to send out invitations? I was thinking around the 2-3 month mark for that!
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]
  • We wont actually be sending ours out until about 3 months before, but I am printing mine on paper, then embossing the design on the invitation, rsvp card, directions card, etc. Then I have to put everything in all the pocketfolds. Oh and then I am thinking of hand making belly bands. This is for 100 invites. Then of course there is addressing them all. Haha. So there is a lot to do, so I'm trying to get everything done soon. We are sending ours out a bit early than is the norm, but that is because we will be running into the holiday season, so we want to make sure everyone gets them and they have time to respond.

julyet-i love the idea of your invites! That is such a great idea for a destination wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks frig!  i am excited about them :-)
  • I just ordered my STD's - and I actually don't like them at all lol.  But they were the only ones my FI finally agreed to so I just went with them.

I am taking over the invitations though - no more feedback from him haha.  I bought a groupon to Delphine Press so at least my options are limited, otherwise I would look EVERYWHERE lol.
  • Boo for not liking them! I had the SAME issue with my FI!!  I decided to take control of the invitations as well...the only thing I allowed him to have input over is when to mail them out! lol!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_invitations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:defd124a-2e5a-45ba-8bda-7d3af8ca97aePost:67d47a31-b501-4590-9476-f2714a8208aa">Re: Invitations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just ordered my STD's - and I actually don't like them at all lol.  But they were the only ones my FI finally agreed to so I just went with them. I am taking over the invitations though - no more feedback from him haha.  I bought a groupon to Delphine Press so at least my options are limited, otherwise I would look EVERYWHERE lol.
    Posted by Ctrossello[/QUOTE]
  • OMG, I showed my FI the invites I like, and he was all, "Ok, looks good."  Then he wandered into Sam's Club one day and saw that they have print-your-own kits for like $20.  So then he wanted to know how I felt about just doing that.  Any of you want to guess how I feel about just doing that? Yell
  • In Response to Re:Invitations?:[QUOTE]We wont actually be sending ours out until about 3 months before, but I am printing mine on paper, then embossing the design on the invitation, rsvp card, directions card, etc. Then I have to put everything in all the pocketfolds. Oh and then I am thinking of hand making belly bands. This is for 100 invites. Then of course there is addressing them all. Haha. So there is a lot to do, so I'm trying to get everything done soon. We are sending ours out a bit early than is the norm, but that is because we will be running into the holiday season, so we want to make sure everyone gets them and they have time to respond.julyeti love the idea of your invites! That is such a great idea for a destination wedding! Posted by frig05[/QUOTE]

Are you having a destination? I'm sending mine out Dec 29th for my Feb 9th local wedding. Is that too late??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_invitations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:defd124a-2e5a-45ba-8bda-7d3af8ca97aePost:9dac8d2c-7e49-49cb-8e9e-b607b1081742">Re:Invitations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Invitations?: Are you having a destination? I'm sending mine out Dec 29th for my Feb 9th local wedding. Is that too late??
    Posted by Kenrima[/QUOTE]

<div>I was planning on sending the invitations for my Feb 10th wedding out around the 2nd week of Dec, maybe 12/14ish because between the holidays I want to make sure people have time.  Is that too early?  I think it's suggested to send them 8 weeks before and have the RSVP be 4 weeks before, but the 8 weeks before is the week of X-Mas and my fiance's family is <em>very</em> Catholic.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I asked about this a while ago I copied and pasted what I found below...hope it helps!

Per the girls on the Invites & Paper board, the save the dates normally go out 6 to 9 months prior and the wedding invitations normally go out 6 to 8 weeks prior to your wedding date...rsvp dates would depend on when your venue needs a final headcount, but they say you should ask to receive replies from 2 to 3 weeks prior to the wedding date...hope this helps (I know it helps me b/c I was clueless on it all, lol)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards