New York

Wedding Website

We're in the process of designing our save-the-dates (finally), and I notice that a lot of people include their website on the STD's for other information-- hotel, travel, etc. We were going to include an accommodation's card in the STD, so is it necessary to have a website? We started to put one together on The Knot, but we're starting to feel like it could be a bigger pain than anticipated...

Any thoughts?
image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Website

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always like a website, but it's not necessary.  :-)

Mine is (was?) a basic website on TK and it did take forever to put together!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    LOL!! ah, the time factor.. always the case. We'll figure it out as we go. If we do have one, we can always put the info on the invitation :-) Thanks!!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think a wedding website is necessary, but can be helpful since sometimes people may misplace their invite/STD and can just search your name online.  Plus it might be helpful if you have a lot more info than you can fit on your STD.  In the end though, it's not really necessary if you don't have the time because people can just email you or call you since presumably anyone you're inviting has your contact info.  :)
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I say its definitely worth it... if for nothing else than a place to collect your thoughts and stay organized. 

It can definitely be time consuming (and become obsessive)... but the good thing is, you cna just chip away at it in little pieces as you need to or have time for.  AND you cand update/change as often as necessary.

I used TK for family and made a weebly one for me. 
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards