July 2012 Weddings

WTF Wednesday

I'm having lots of little things that are not making me very unhappy.

1. More then expected FI family members declined wedding so we were able to give two of our male friends who just got gf's an spot for their ladies. FI's bff was the first to ask. Been asking for a week for this lady's name. Finally last night he said gf isn't coming and instead bringing a female friend. Seriously???  

2. I get paid on Wed and my paycheck is not in my bank account!!!! Grrrrr!!!!

3. The dishes are piling up, FI hasn't helped to chip away at them. I go for a walk with my friend nightly. FI is sprawled on the couch with his crusty socks thrown across the room.

4. I have tried being cute and tempting FI for night time activities and he has blown me off. For a Month. I feel like I'm only good enough when he has had a few too many beers. This is making me want to cry.

Re: WTF Wednesday

• mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I hate that I'm up this early just because I am not sure if I have a dentist appointment or not! I never get reminders from the dentist and I know I made an appointment in January for sometime in July. Why am I so stupid?! 

ETA: I tried calling the office, apparently they are closed this week. I probably missed my appointment sometime last week or it is not until next week. Grr. They say they have me on a reminder list- that they'd mail me the reminder. I never got any. 
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My WTF is still these damn dance lessons with my Dad. I just planned on swaying back and forth, not making a big deal about it. He has told me that he'll be really upset if we don't go to lessons, so okay I'll go to 1 or 2. He booked us for 3. I probably sound like an ungrateful B****, but I suck at dancing, and going to lessons means there's some kind of expectation here, and it's stressing me out.

And I'm upset about the song. He's pressuring me to do "I loved her First" by Heartland. I hate country and wanted to do something that has more meaning to me/my relationship with my Dad. But he's stuck on this one because he thinks guests will like the lyrics and the dance instructor told him it's a good one to dance to. I don't think the song is terrible, but it's not me.
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate this group of kids that are staying here at my job. The supervisors do not know how to control these kids and are just letting them run free. In the end, I have lots of upset customers because they couldn't sleep last night.WTF!!!!
    Photobucket
  • My WTF is I'm working today and tomorrow and still have so much to do for work! I am considering going in late tomorrow to sleep in a bit and do some house work.  Also my boss if off for the week so its just me in the office and our clients are constantly calling and being pissed that he took vacation and that I'm taking vacation soon.

Anniversary
  • I am soooo stressed and so excited at the same time. This is my last day of work this week - so I'm READY to get stuff done.

-Amanda-
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had to sign on to WTF this week.

My mom informed me last night she is not tipping anyone. Uh, thanks Mom. You're paying for 90% of the wedding but just inform me THREE DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING that you're not tipping? I understand tipping isn't required --  it's not "required" at restaurants but you sure did give the waiter last night a 20% tip, right?.

It's not the end of the world, because, rather than be tacky like her, I will just have to cover the tips (even though I didn't plan on those extra thousands of dollars being spent by me). It just really frustrates me because I know she's just being ornery now because she bought herself two really expensive dresses and now keeps cutting things out to compensate.

THREE DAYS, LADIES!

Oh and fiance didn't bring his tuxedo shirt with him from NY. We have to head out to the mall to buy him one. (Seriously!?!?!!!)

OH. And my mom took the car to go to the gym knowing full well that I planned on going to the gym at 9am. She took it at 830. Why wouldn't she just come with me at 9? This throws off my schedule by about 1.5 hours today while I wait for her to return with the car.

hahahahahahah omg I am going insane.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridetobe your momma is a piece of work!!!!!! so annoying that she took the car. and why is she refusing to tip?!? is your catering gratuity/service fee included? luckily ours is all included so we don't have to worry about tipping there (since that is obv the biggest expense) but weird that she is just refusing.

Michelle it's crazy to me that your wedding is in three days and you are hard at work!!! I guess i technically will be doing the exact same thing since I have to work part of the day Weds before my Saturday wedding but it just seems nuts.

my WTF is that I probably end up traveling for work 2 times a month or so, on average, plus maybe a few meetings, depositions, etc. that are nearby each month. I find out YESTERDAY that I have to travel up to Lake County (right by Chicago, close to a 3 hr drive for me) on Thursday - I MADE MY HAIR APPOINTMENT TO GET COLOR AND HIGHLIGHTS FOUR MONTHS AGO. I had to cancel it. Then, we had a meeting scheduled with our small group caterer to go over final details for our rehearsal dinner and our morning after brunch for Friday - they were going to treat us for lunch. I HAVE TO TRAVEL FOR A DEPOSITION ON FRIDAY TOO. So I am missing that meeting now. UGH. Don't get me wrong - I actually love my job and I love traveling - BUT WHY OH WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO HAPPEN AT THE SAME TIME?!?!? there aren't enough hours in my days anymore. and I am TIRED.

My other WTF is that as you guys know, we painted our whole entire house (other than our living room, which was a color we loved, and our hallway/stairwell, because it's insanely tall and was going to be expensive). My fiance is REFUSING to push our bed up against our pretty watery blue wall in our bedroom. So every night since we have been in our new house, I have woken up 972 times when my pillows fall off the bed since our bed is just floating in the middle of space. He says if we push the bed against the wall it will "ruin" our new paint job. I told him this morning I was DONE with worrying about our walls - I NEED MY BED PUSHED AGAINST THE WALL GOSH DARN IT I CAN'T STAND MY PILLOWS FALLING OFF THE BED ANYMORE.

end vent.

WTF wednesday is so magical. I think I needed it today. whew.
  • butterfly - you made an incorrect assumption of me being here working hard.  I'm hardly working and already set my email as out of office.  I'm just screening calls and making calls for my wedding and getting what needs to be done for the 15th done and out the door!

B2B - Your mother is crazyyyyy, maybe she can come hang out with my mother.  My mom is pissed off that I'm working this week and can't drive up 5 hours (one way) with her to get my sister from her camp counselor job.

Anniversary
  • This is my last WTF Wed. vent about my current job since I only have to be here for another day and a half after today.  F*ck everyone that works here, but mostly my immediate supervisor.  A handful of people have been coming up to me this week (my supervisor is on vacation) to give me lots of juicy details on the enourmous amounts of sh*t my whore of a supervisor has been saying about me over the years and confirmed that she has been outright unloading her work onto me.  Good riddance.  I'm going to special request the chef spit in her food at the wedding... they'll do that for me since I'm the bride, right?  :)

This isn't a vent but I just have to write it down that my BFF from high school who has been living in NOLA for the past almost 10 years is MOVING BACK TO THE AREA!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

I <3 WTF Weds
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Seriously, doesnt anyone at work care that my brain is not in work mode? I am in total wedding brain mode...3 days left.  Holy friggin cow?!  IF my boss calls me in one more time to help her with a stupid agreement that she formatted all sorts of f-ed up, I am going to scream!!!!!!
    B2B--Seriously? Your mom is acting like SHE is getting married!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    My parents are annoying me. All of my family members are coming from other states and my mom's family are all coming from India. It's a big deal to entertain them since they are staying here for an entire week. I get it. But my parents seems to be more concerned with them on the day of the wedding than me. My mom won't be with me when I get ready the morning of the wedding because she has family staying at her house. Fine, whatever. Now my parents asked me if a few of my family members can use my bridal suite at the ceremony venue to change out of their indian outfits into something more comfortable for the reception. I got in an argument with them about it, but then agreed to let them use my room because I don't want to make things more difficult. Yes I'm being a brat, but I wish my parents wouldn't only consider the wishes and feelings of my family and think about being with me the day of the wedding.
  • Tonight is suposted to be my bachelorette party....and aunt flow came in....(tmi i know) now I'm having to lay in bed in a fetal position
  • a bachelorette party on a wednesday?!? wow, I had to spend the entire day after my bachelorette party in the fetal position in my bed, you are a trooper!
  • I don't drink that much...we are just doing dinner, a couple drinks and pedicures....mine is tame...my bridal party are both mothers to children under 5...our party days have ended lol
  • that actually sounds awesome to me....I had a blast at mine, but it definitely took a few days for my body to recover, hahaha!!! have so much fun - hopefully you feel better soon! ibuprophen and a heating pad always do wonders for me :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8e8982b1-1a16-46ff-ab54-2b94a95bb367Post:e8b59824-1b81-4bbd-bb07-1edefebd1f27">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents are annoying me. All of my family members are coming from other states and my mom's family are all coming from India. It's a big deal to entertain them since they are staying here for an entire week. I get it. But my parents seems to be more concerned with them on the day of the wedding than me. My mom won't be with me when I get ready the morning of the wedding because she has family staying at her house. Fine, whatever. Now my parents asked me if a few of my family members can use my bridal suite at the ceremony venue to change out of their indian outfits into something more comfortable for the reception. I got in an argument with them about it, but then agreed to let them use my room because I don't want to make things more difficult. Yes I'm being a brat, but I wish my parents wouldn't only consider the wishes and feelings of my family and think about being with me the day of the wedding.
    Posted by arunkumar[/QUOTE]

I totally get where you're coming from. 

My mom has been the same way since day 1 of planning this wedding.  She's more concerned with everyone else than with me.  I've been able to contain my bridezilla with her thus far but if I have to re-arrange my entire day-of timeline because of a dog, I'm going.to.flip.out.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • FMIL asked me to come "approve" her dress that she bought. I only asked that she wear something in the purple, blue, champagne/gold, pink color area, no silver and no black. I get there and one of them is a sun dress (way too informal) it's pink, green and white. She has another that's black with green, blue and white in the top part and it's dressier. The 3rd dress is a really pretty coral dress and I said that she should wear that one but she insists that she'd rather wear the sun dress or the black one. I said wear the black one because it's more formal. Why do people ask your opinion when they don't want it? I wish people would quit asking me to "approve" stuff.
  • I have one more. I have sun blisters on my lip and it hurts! I've never had a cold sore and I wonder if it is cold sore?? FI gets them once in a while. I CAN'T HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW!!! It's probably from all the stress. 
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My WTF is that my programs took a trip halfway across the country to colorado in the back of a friends car because "she forgot about them), and now she cant answer my texts or calls about getting them to me. 
    Really? Ugh. 

Also, Im losing my mind from everything. I realized why bridezillas exist- besides the general stress, most are trying to stay away from retail therapy for budget reasons and chocolate/other treats for dress fitting reasons. Its enough to drive someone nuts. 

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8e8982b1-1a16-46ff-ab54-2b94a95bb367Post:d712302e-503e-488c-94fd-068d35397b24">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank the lord, I need WTF Weds today!!!! So FIL's are paying for our honeymoon. They bought our airfare and are letting us use their timeshare in Aruba. They said they had a "number" in mind what they would spend on our honeymoon($2,500) so when making the decision where to go, we decided on Aruba over the Spanish Islands since airfare was half to go to Aruba and we would't have to add much for our spending money since we would have $1,000 from them. NOW FIL's are saying they aren't giving us any spending money for the HM.  A week before the wedding???!!! Are you effing kidding me? They also agreed to pay our down payment for a house, and said that is our wedding gift. More than nice of them, don't get me wrong! But if plans changed down the line, they needed to tell us so we could have been saving money for the honeymoon. <strong>Does Aruba restaurants have a Dollar Menu???</strong> I've dreamt of my honeymoon for so long and this is the one vacation I want to go on and not worry about what I'm buying, how many drinks I'm ordering, etc. if I want a masssage at 3pm, I want to get one gosh darnit! lol. Also FMIL JUST sent out rehearsal dinner invitations yesterday. Never once asked FI or I opinions on the menu or anything, super weird and rude in my opinion. I asked her countless times if I could help, etc. 2 of FI's aunts/uncles are unable to attend the wedding now and then FFIL asked if they could add 2 more since they can't come. Ummm NO! Your guests had 100% yes rsvp rate. My parents will be thrilled that they can save $400 over 2 people not coming. We didn't start inviting "replacement" guests when our many guests rsvp'd no. Also found out yesterday there are aditional fees for everything! Apparently our wedding planner and dj are only booked til 11:30, not midnight, so that is an extra $200. Our photographer is an additional $250 since we want her stay to catch our sparkler grand exit, $50 for the photobooth to come ealirer for set up so they aren't setting up when guests are entering the ballroom. It goes on and on and never ends! I am so stressed out and have tears in my eyes here at work :-( I want this to all be over with. I don't even have the honeymoon to look forward to anymore :-(
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

I'll bet Aruba is fairly inexpensive. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think one floren is worth 50 cents USD. Maybe you can do some research ahead of time on inexpensive places to eat and where to buy the bext booze for less. If you have a kitchenette maybe have snacks, breakfast stuff and lunch items on hand. Go to a local mart and stock up. I know it's not as nice as being able to eat out for every meal but at least it'll be cost effective.
  • Just stressing hardcore- last WTF W, and it's the worst yet!  So cannot wait to have this wedding done and over with!
  • I am also stressing about the guests that we will have the week of the wedding. One BM is staying with us on Thursday. fiance's sisters BOTH want to stay with us on Wednesday night and Thursday night, a groomsmen wants us to pick him up at the airport on Friday....it's exhausting to even think about dealing with entertaining all of these people, let alone finalize details for our wedding!!

And one of fiance's cousins (who is NOT in the wedding, is just a guest) is taking a redeye in from LA on Thursady night and arriving friday morning. FMIL is taking it upon herself to make sure one of us can pick him up (AT 4 IN THE MORNING!) and entertain him all day. Fiance and I said NO WAY, so now she wants to force my FBIL (also a groomsmen) to do it. UGH
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8e8982b1-1a16-46ff-ab54-2b94a95bb367Post:d95fe104-8911-4cc8-bc4b-f8a2aed3b608">WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having lots of little things that are not making me very unhappy. 1. More then expected FI family members declined wedding so we were able to give two of our male friends who just got gf's an spot for their ladies. FI's bff was the first to ask. Been asking for a week for this lady's name. Finally last night he said gf isn't coming and instead bringing a female friend. Seriously???   2. I get paid on Wed and my paycheck is not in my bank account!!!! Grrrrr!!!! 3. The dishes are piling up, FI hasn't helped to chip away at them. I go for a walk with my friend nightly. FI is sprawled on the couch with his crusty socks thrown across the room. 4.<strong> I have tried being cute and tempting FI for night time activities and he has blown me off. For a Month. I feel like I'm only good enough when he has had a few too many beers. This is making me want to cry.
    </strong>Posted by Hallanole[/QUOTE]

wow that is not good and will cause major issues in your marriage.  Has he always been like this? 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • No Lady this is new. My friend thinks he is internally stressing and not talking to me about it. She said her hubby was acting all sorts of weird a few weeks before their wedding a few months back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards