Not Engaged Yet

Thursday KUI Thread :)

1234568»

Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)

• Wow, I sure missed out on a great time. Major squees for both Tarra and Peek! ...and major resentment for the rest of you because I never get any drunk texts. I'z sad...
  • I'm sorry leia, that really sucks!

I have another one on Feb 8th, they still want to watch and wait. After my MRI they thought I might have a müllerian duct abnormality (mal-formed uterus) so now they want to check my kidneys, etc too, since they all form at the same time. It's crummy, but it could be worse.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • I just found this on Pinterest, it made me lol

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:3e92fb95-2d8f-4f7e-9e76-fd89b0638e2b">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry leia, that really sucks! I have another one on Feb 8th, they still want to watch and wait. After my MRI they thought I might have a müllerian duct abnormality (mal-formed uterus) so now they want to check my kidneys, etc too, since they all form at the same time. It's crummy, but it could be worse.
    Posted by SopChick[/QUOTE]

Oooh...Interesting. So they definitely dont think it's a cyst/ovary at all? Have you done any big pee tests for your kidneys?

I waited 6 months before I was able to have surgery. I guess doctor's don't like rushing onto surgeries.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:8cac49d4-9bf1-4bbb-a69a-765532539587">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday KUI Thread :) : Oooh...Interesting. <strong>So they definitely dont think it's a cyst/ovary at all?</strong> Have you done any big pee tests for your kidneys? I waited 6 months before I was able to have surgery. I guess doctor's don't like rushing onto surgeries.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]
    They think it's both... :( They're still hoping the cysts will resolve on their own, because in the MRI it looked like they might be simple instead of complex like the ultrasounds showed.
  • Oh, SopChick, I hope it does go away on its own.

Elle - want me to drunk text you? I'm drunk on soda and lack of sleep!

By the way, I just saw the total for my new, longer flight home. $1,217! One way! I probably should have called Alaska Airlines directly instead of our travel agent. This might be the most expensive Seattle trip ever!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:d0ac0f7f-c7c1-4831-a0b5-a22f19f0266d">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, SopChick, I hope it does go away on its own. Elle - want me to drunk text you? I'm drunk on soda and lack of sleep! By the way, I just saw the total for my new, longer flight home.<strong> $1,217! One way! </strong>I probably should have called Alaska Airlines directly instead of our travel agent. This might be the most expensive Seattle trip ever!
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]
    Yikes! That's a lot!

After your post I checked my weather forecast (I'm just across the border from you) and we have a winter storm warning. Although, they're always a joke around here, we're expecting maybe 2" of snow. I'm from Ontario originally, so 2" is normal for this time of year.
  • Snow rarely sticks in Seattle, but the big problem was the freezing rain today. They said 250,000 people don't have electricity in Washington because frozen branches are taking out power lines. So at least I have power, food, and internets. I'm just bored because I'm not used to being by myself for so long. Even when I go into work, there's hardly anyone there (and no one I know).
  • It took me 4 hours but i am now officially KUI. I'm at the airport with a giant glass of red wine in hand. Flying through PHL, so I'll waive to my philly knotties while I'm there! Going back to read the rest of this thread now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Leia, just head across the border, it'll be more fun than sitting in a hotel! :)

Yay drinking wine at the airport! Have a great flight Tiger! :)
  • Obvi I'm way behind on this thread but rdr, I'm sure the TK gods will forgive you for asking your WP so early. Especially since you did it in such a cute way.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:677c5b09-b2c6-4769-a2f7-3808cf4994c4">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday KUI Thread :) : Serious chat went fine...he realized within about 30 seconds that he had absolutely no sway over my opinion and said "alright, fine, you win."  Of course I do, asshat, I don't make decisions about THE REST OF MY LIFE based on you. So, confessions: 1. We may have only been together for a month. 2. I may be seriously addicted to sex with him.  HOLY MOTHER OF JEEZUS. 3. We may have already had the timeline discussion.  And ideally babies would be in the picture for 3-5 years.  You do the math there. 4. We may or may not have said the "l" word, because it just felt right. 5. I definitely looked at apartments for the two of us today.  And found some AMAZING ones.  He approves.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Um yeah, FI and i said the l word the first day we met, after talking on the phone/texting/etc for two months. I think it worked out pretty well :)

• Boo I missed a fun night with knottie friends. I wish I could drunk text you all right now!

• Aww, I'm sorry I missed this...I always love a good KUI thread.

Unfortunately, I was too busy dealing with my ridiculously drunk BF at his promotion celebration.

At the end of the night, he was convinced the touch screen computers you use to order food at Wawa were all in Spanish, if that gives you any insight on the level of intoxication we're talking about here.
  • It makes me so happy that this thread is 10 pages long LOL

Leia: That really really sucks that you're still stuck in Seattle AND that your flight is so expensive! I hope the weather cooperates & you get out today! 

Sop: I hope your medical stuff clears up on its own.  HUGS

Tiger: Have a safe trip!!

I can't remember who mentioned cottage cheese but YUCK YUCK YUCK. 

Jorja: That's hysterical! I hate drunk people when I'm not at or close to the same level so that was probably annoying for you but really, really funny to hear about haha

• Good grief!! I missed a lot sitting in the Subway at WalMart for an hour last night!! FI was at his ham meeting and I didn't feel well halfway through shopping, so I paid and then sat down and waited for an hour, lol.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:9ca605d5-aff5-48d9-bbc9-b140328dc885">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday KUI Thread :) : I do! It's fun to see what you end up with! I did that before a cruise in college and e<strong>nded up wearing hospital pants, a bathing suit, a cocktail dress and flip flops for 5 days</strong>! Yep, that's it. I had to borrow clean clothes to sleep in.
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

This is hilarious!! lol

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:0885b8f6-b39c-4d45-8b36-c779d8dcc522">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday KUI Thread :) : I LOVE grilled cheese.  <strong>Grilled cheese with chocolate milk</strong>.  OH. MY. GLOB. Yum.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

I could live off of this meal. I love it so much!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:99177617-669f-41ca-91f5-a79893d9a84f">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lunar, my husband hates when people eat crunchy things around him. There is a guy who has been eating appls at work. . . . you can't imagine his anger. lol Yaga - I have been <strong>eating chocolate frosting out of the can</strong> this week. It was leftover from funfetti cupcakes I brought to work and I didn't want it to go to waste! Peek - I <3 you too :) 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

This is an awesome dessert, but so horribly bad for you. I miss it, lol.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:c55b8ee1-3f77-4bb4-ace0-c043a1173428">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have any wine in the house, boo.  So I am drinking soda and cherry vodka.  Yum.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Definitely need to check out this cherry vodka.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:b83d0440-7a8a-40e1-8161-fe5636120a3b">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday KUI Thread :) : I think that for the first time in my life I'm not the slightest bit worried about taking any of these steps.  I think that for the first time in my life, I'm 1000 miles away from my SO and not even worried that it's not gooing to work.  I think that for the first time in my life, I've found a man who will treat me well, who I would be proud to raise a son exactly like him.  I've found a man who can make me laugh, who puts me first, and who wants nothing more than to see me smile.  I've found a man who tells me I'm beautiful, who makes me feel strong and confident and can make me feel like a supermodel when I feel like I'm 50 lbs overweight.  I've found a man that I want to raise daughters with so that they know what they need to look for in a man.  A man who shares the same values that I do. And if that means that we get married in two years, I'm perfectly okay with that.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Yay, Peek!! So happy for you! : )

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:a942d4de-f0b4-4ed4-87ef-3d1600e61774">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tara- I love Moscato sooooo good.   Peek-You man is so cute.  Glad you guys are happy he sounds great and makes you really happy. Squee!  yes I just squeed, I guess Vodka has that effect.  I<strong> randomly decided to get my hair cut after work, kind of short, it's above my shoulder</strong>.  It's ok, I wish I wouldn't have gone too short, but hair grows back... no pics of yet.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I still want to see a picture!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:121c6cb4-22e7-4cc1-94cf-a3201be02f83">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday KUI Thread :) : I closed branding and web design for an actress, she's a new up and coming and already makes more than I do in a year. She's 13. It's a long term, weekly update client. My internship coordinator asked if I'd do two websites for her. I have two other leads in the wings. And my internship coordinator wants to recommend that I replace her in April. That job would double my income.
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

Yay!! Congrats, Tarra! So exciting! : )

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-kui-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcade46-6475-4968-8cbb-dd08d8137c08Post:39ea3db9-a066-46ea-8981-0134f34f5c20">Re: Thursday KUI Thread :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I sure missed out on a great time. Major squees for both Tarra and Peek! ...and <strong>major resentment for the rest of you because I never get any drunk texts. I'z sad.</strong>..
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I don't get any drunk texts either, : (. But that could be because I don't have most of your numbers, lol. I'd be willing to change that if anyone wants! : )
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Geez!!!! You hoars had another 3 pages after I left? I missed so much!

Congrats tarra, I am so excited for you!

Desert, I totally love "The Passenger" and may steal that if we ever decide to have more little ones.

jorja, I snorted my coffee when I read that because I could see myself being the exact same as your BF. I hope you enjoyed yourself and weren't too annoyed.

• Oh! Oh! I forgot I saw Peek's man's picture before I passed out last night, but I was trying to keep up from my phone and it wasn't so successful. But he looks adorable Peek and I agree with lunar that he looks like he's full of dreamy. :-)

And! I'm super excited about your timeline even if it seems really quick, who cares what people think? It's about what feels right.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards