Pre-wedding Parties

"Hosting" bridal shower

My sister (MOH) was talking to me about planning my bridal shower, asking for addresses, dates that would work for everyone, etc, and she mentioned that the only place really big enough to accomodate a shower would be my house. 

I'm fine with the concept of having it at my house, but I don't want it to come off looking like I planned it or threw it for myself.  What would you think if you got a shower invite and the location was at the brides house, you know?  Renting a venue is completey out of the budget and just not possible, so I'm not sure what else we could do. 

Any suggestions?
Anniversary

Re: "Hosting" bridal shower

• edited December 2011
    I think it's fine. Most people mention the host on the invitation and have them RSVP to them. Just try to step back during the party and let your sister do everything and I think it will be pretty clear that you are not hosting. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    That is fine to have it at your house, on the invitations make sure they RSVP to the host your MOH. Just know you won't be doing any work during the shower even though its your house! 
  • edited December 2011
    As long as invites say to have the RSVPs going to your sister, and she runs the shower, I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, it's fine. Your sister is hosting so let her handle all the details.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_hosting-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:3584a633-efa3-43cb-9780-06b7e392eccfPost:d7993844-8933-4123-842d-77d853c08fa9">Re: "Hosting" bridal shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's fine. Most people mention the host on the invitation and have them RSVP to them. Just try to step back during the party and let your sister do everything and I think it will be pretty clear that you are not hosting. 
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards