Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Good Morning!

Jillian is the devil. I'm kinda sore, and still sick.

How's everyone else's morning? And how was your weekend?

I went to the grocery store yesterday and stocked up on healthier food for the next two weeks- fruits & veggies out the wazzoo, I got the Smart Ones meals and a few cases of water.... Thankfully, my MOH has decided to be my workout buddy- even though she's in pittsburgh, she's not one I'm likely to lie to about what I've been doing/not been doing. I'm excited.
Anniversary
TTC since 12/17/11
BFP 02/19/2012
M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good Morning!

• edited December 2011
    Morning!

I had a great weekend!  I met up with a girl from my band geek sorority and her friend on Friday, they are studying abroad in London.  I signed up with the alumni committee to help any sisters who come to London.  We had a great time going to afternoon tea and chatting.  The one girl got texts from a boy she met a few nights before very fun.

Then I had a London nestie GTG, I met Mypasha if you guys remember her from this board she lived in Phl and then moved here.  

Sat we went to FI's friends' house to have a cheap night in, very fun.  Everyone is excited about our wedding and our friends' wedding next year.  :-)

Yesterday we came home from the freinds' house and then sat on the sofa all afternoon.   
    We saw a Four Weddings US that took place in Elkin's Park and the groom raped to the bride, then the bride took the bottom half of her dress off for the reception.  
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning.  So far my work computer is slow and my email won't work. Should be a fun day.

It took me 2 hours to get home Friday, so I didn't get to the gym.  Saturday H and I went to the gym, then stores, then relaxed and watched a movie.  I started getting a headache Saturday that got progressively worse as the day went on.  I ended up showering at 3:30am and sleeping 1/2 the night on our couch because my head was throbbing.  Yesterday I didn't do much besides get to the grocery store and bake cookies.  Relaxed the rest of the day.  Overall, an uneventful and painful weekend.

MIL recovered from her surgery this weekend and is scheduled to go home today.  She was high as a kite when we talked to her Friday LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning.  Got through shower #3 of the year.  SIL's baby shower.  Now I have to plan a B-party and my sister's baby shower and then I can relax for a bit.  I really don't want it to snow/ice this week.  I am so sick of this!
  • edited December 2011
    MH do you get headaches a lot?  I do so I understand.  
  • edited December 2011
    NCV - I have sinus issues and get headaches pretty often, but usually they're treatable with some excedrin.  Rarely do I get migraines, but on occasion I do.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you notice if you don't drink enough water you get them.  In the past few years I have noticed this with me.

If you take a hot shower does it help?  How about if you put rice in a sock and microwave it then put it on your face?

Not all of my headaches are migraines and since I quit my job, I have been so much happier and had fewer headaches even with the broken foot.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-200?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:55cbd386-2284-40f3-a3f5-660b9e7d17bdPost:5ebc0e0a-37c3-4190-b4b8-44b2f8caa1e3">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you notice if you don't drink enough water you get them.  In the past few years I have noticed this with me. If you take a hot shower does it help?  How about if you put rice in a sock and microwave it then put it on your face? Not all of my headaches are migraines and since I quit my job, I have been so much happier and had fewer headaches even with the broken foot.  
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

Pretty much all I do drink is water, so that's not the problem.  But, when I drink alcohol I always dry out and get sinus headaches.  The hot shower sometimes helps, but not always. That's what I tried at 3:30 am and it helped relax me, but didn't do much for the headache.  Caffeine usually helps.  I'm really not surprised I got a headache since I was annoyed Friday, the weather keeps changing and I cut out coffee last week.  Needless to say, the coffee was back yesterday.
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Morning!

MH- sounds like you were going through caffeine withdrawal!

I can't believe its supposed to snow again tomorrow :-P

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Jess - I though that too.
  • edited December 2011
    MH- I'm glad you're feeling better. I've been getting nasty headaches every friday lately; it's really odd. I'm attempting cutting back my caffeine intake, so I'm sure I'll be right there with you. Sinus headaches are my biggest pain though. I get them constantly in the winter. :(
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! I'm beat, and can totally (and literally) feel your pain MH. I had a massive headache that kept me up most of the night. Thankfully it didn't turn into a migraine and I'm hoping it won't.

I had a great weekend. Got to spend some quality time with my mom. Sat. we went to the salon, had a great lunch, went shopping (macy's sales rack became my best friend - $100 sundress for $11.80) and then FI and I took her to see The Rite. Not a bad movie, but not necesarily worth spending the money it costs to see a movie in the theatres.

Sunday was the NF tasting, and those amazing chicken balls made up for complete chaos that it was- oh and Bob the bartender and his amazing Lemon Drop martinis. I took some pics but don't have my camera cord here at work, and while I LOVED the appetizers and the new chicken and barley in blood orange sauce (soooo good) - I was throughly unimpressed with their cake. This was a HUGE disappointment. The chocolate with hazelnut was delightful, but hazelnut is an upgrade and as someone raised on Cannon's Cake in Delaware (my fav. place to get cake - and where all my b-day cakes have been from) the cake was dry, and not flavorful. I'm hoping at the details meeting, I can convince them to give me some appetizer upgrades if we cut the cake out of the deal - b/c unless they can show us that the cake can be decent, I'm not going with it. I could go on and on about the tasting - it was generally wonderful - and everyone working there was so plesant (the same can't be said for other brides and their entourages).

The tasting did stress me out a bit, and I'm anxiously awaiting that details meeting to get everything hashed out and finalized.

Oh and I did dream about the chicken balls, and the bruscetta bar.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    TCT - I had a private tasting and group tasting at my venue and had the same feelings after the group one.  I was amazed at how rude and greedy the other guests were.  We also got some free alcohol to make it easier :)  Glad you loved almost everything.  Is it feeling more real now?
  • edited December 2011
    I have problems with the weather changing as well MH.  

I confess I was not impressed with NF's cake when I attended a wedding there a few years ago.  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mh- Yes, it's definitely feeling real. Although the snow is preventing it from seeming like it's only 4 months and change away.

NCV - Thanks, glad I'm not the only one not impressed!
  • edited December 2011
    TCT- the cake was from cannons? Or you'd rather have your cake from cannon's? FI and I are looking at Cannon's this weekend- the prices are beyond reasonable... every cake I've had from them has been delicious.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning gals!

Internet at work is freaking out this morning and TOM has made me into a raging biotch.  FI decided to skip PT this morning, and proceeded to turn off MY alarm instead of snoozing like I asked.  So when he asked if I was going into work and I said I was waiting for the alarm to go off again he informed me he turned it off.  He did this to me last week too.  How a man that can trouble shoot and fix a vehicle with 7 miles of wiring and can't work an alarm, even just setting it, is beyond me. 

This weekend was ok.  We had to call the cops Saturday on the neighbors upstairs since they were fighting, and throwing things agianst the walls at 3am.  I can't wait for my house to be done!  The girl just laughed when the cops came and said it was a misunderstanding.  Well dear, I won't care for your safety anymore, just call for noise and inform our apartment complex.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TCT- <sigh> I want those chicken balls right now. sooo good.  I raved about them to Omar (our 'cooridinator from Normandy for the day) and he had an entire plate of them brought to the bridal room for me at the beginning of cocktail hour  :) haha
    Bummer you didn't like the cakes. Our cake was fantastic and we got lots of compliments on it---I think it was half chocolate/half vanilla sponge with the chocolate filling...

Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Paprika - I'd rather have my cake from Cannon's - I'm just nervous about the delivery fee. Although I'm definitely going to check it out - maybe mention that for the last 25 years my mom had gotten my b-day cake from them (and my 2 sisters' b-day cakes).

They're cakes are literally sinfully good. They've never been expensive and they've always had the only icing I'll eat on cakes. I'd totally recommend their cakes - not sure what decorations your going for, but they can probably do those as well.

• edited December 2011
    morning!

tct- that really sucks about the cake.  =(  let me know what happens when you speak with them about it.  I saw a picture of Jesster's cake and it looked absolutely amazing.  now im worried.

tonight i have to go to our company award show.  free booze!
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!

All this food talk is making me hungry! And I am extremely "over" the whole idea of snow and winter weather... Blah! DH is OOT tonight - Wed night for work and so me and Mr. Skips will be flying solo for a few days... I hope this week goes by quickly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

TCT- the design I want is actually in their gallery- it's the offset squares that looks like presents. I don't want as many designs on it, or different ones at least, (Kinda like wrapping paper) and no fondant. So, I know they can do it... I'm excited. I'm trying to talk FI in to the cannoli filling, but he's loving the ganache. We'll see.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning.  I had a great long weekend with my mom and my niece.  Saturday was my friends bridal shower that we planned.  Everything worked out great. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Morning ladies.

Friday night we skipped dinner and just stayed in since DH wasn't feeling well.

Saturday I finally cleared off my car and turned in on since it wasn't on since Wednesday. Then we walked to get the dog some food so she didn't starve. DH had work  Saturday night so I went out with a few friends to a fundraiser.

Sunday I went  to order the dress for the wedding I am in this November. I was a bit annoyed with the sales lady, she tried to sell us all bigger dresses and was all about her commission. She just rubbed me the wrong way. Then I went home and cooked and had a lazy night.
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning all!

I think I have a hangover from this weekend, I'm just feeling blah. Too much excitment, maybe. Friday I went out and met my good friend's new boyfriend (dinner and drinks). Saturday we went up to NYC and started drinking with our late lunch at 2:30 in Little Italy, then went and hung out at McSorley's (and drank), then went to another bar. At that point my friend asked the bartender where we could go dancing, to which the bar tender responded,"Um, it's only 8:30." They had dancing starting at 11, so we just hung out there until the dancing started. Sunday morning was brunch with one of my best friends and his girl friend. Then last night we signed papers with our Realtor!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    LadyJ - Pics of the house please.  Sounds like a busy weekend... I'd be drained.
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lady J - i'd need a vacation after a weekend like yours!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay LadyJ! Very exciting!
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Lady J- Sounds like fun. I love going to NYC, but I'd be in the same boat as Mana - I'd need a vaca after that! and a huge YAY for signing the papers!!!

• Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NVC-  I was wondering what happened to Mypashmita!  I met her at a GTG here and she was so delightful! Please tell her I said hello!

TCT- the tasting was organized chaos, wasn't it?  Not at ALL what JEGs and I were expecting.  Did you have the earlier tasting or the later tasting?  I remember the cake at the tasting being dry and we kind of surmised it was because it was sitting out for  hours, however the day of the wedding, it was delicious. 

My weekend was boring.  I spent most of it sick on the couch.  On Saturday JEGs and I venured out to Target to buy our nephew a gift.  I saw this cute board game called 5 Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.  He wanted to look elsewhere. 

So we drove to the KOP Toys R Us and looked around for an hour, but didn't find anything we liked.  We ended up walking out with 5 Monkeys Jumping on the Bed from Toys R Us.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards