August 2012 Weddings

Will this hairpiece look good? Need soooo much help

So I'm looking for a hairpiece that will complement my hairstyle/dress. 

Here is what the dress looks like (it's hard to tell, but it has beading from head to toe):

And for my hair it will be half up/half down with curls like this:

Do you think I should use a barette or something else (hairpins? combs? something else?)

I am SO not girly and have never worn my hair like this and have no idea what will look best.

Also, I am not wearing a veil, birdcage, or anything like that. So i don't want my hair too be too boring, but I'm also scared if I put something too "blingy" in it then It might be over the top since my dress is all beaded.

Should I wear a necklace? If so, short or a longer one? Drop earings or studs? I am SO lost! lol

Here is one that I liked for a barette, but wasn't sure if it was too much or not enough:

So I know I asked a bunch of questions and went way off topic... but suggestions on any or all of the questions are greatly appreciated!

126 Invited image
37 Ready to Rock! image
9 Party Poopers image
80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Will this hairpiece look good? Need soooo much help

• If it were me, I would wear jewelry that wasn't too big or "blingy" since the dress has a lot of beadwork already. I would wear a very delicate necklace--just something nice to accent everything. I don't think it matters whether you wear studs or dangling earrings, but again, I would stick to something not big/blingy. I like dangling earrings, so I would wear something that  isn't much longer than what the girl in the picture there is wearing. I don't think you -have- to wear a necklace, though. Only if you feel you want to.

I think that hair barrette is a nice accent! I don't think it's too much and something like that in your hair would be super nice!
  • I think we all feel scattered from time to time, today is just your day :o

Your dress is very pretty, you mentioned it has bling from head to toe, so your hair could go one of two ways, more bling, or steer away from it. It really depends on what you want. I personally think either would work with that hairstyle. If you want the hair piece to be on the side then I'd probably go with a feather piece with some crystals, or flower with crystals, if you plan to place the clip in the back of your head I think I would go with the style you have pictured. 

Necklaces... I personally don't like them with most dresses they wiggle and get off centered. But that is just me. I've seen pictures where I love them. If you do go with one, it should probably be simple since your dress is already very extravegant. 
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks girls!!! I do wear a necklace on a daily basis, but nothing fancy. I wear the same one everyday, it was a present from me & FI first x-mas together. I don't want to wear it for the wedding though...I'm thinking I might skip a necklace to A) save money- none of the one's I currently own are wedding-like B) I really don't want to over-due the bling and I love the barrette and am thinking low drop earring like in the picture. 

Maybe a bracelete instead of a necklace?
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
  • i like the barrette. when you said you wanted to add soemthing to the half up/half down look - i immediately thought of a little side sparkle like this: http://www.takadanama.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Bridal-long-Wedding-hairstyles-2012.jpg

so, that barette would look great!

as far as jewelry, i agree with PP.  something small and delicate.  stud earrings might not get seen if your hair is down. perhaps a set like this?
    http://www.bridesmaid-jewelry.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bridesmaid-jewelry-e1330519846566.jpg

• My dress also has a lot of beading to it.  My haridresser recommended some kind of fascinator or headband to tie into the dress.   I have borrowed a beaded headband from a friend that I will likely incorporate into my hair as I am not wearing a veil of any kind.  

I am opting for a simple beaded necklace (a friend is making it so I won't know for sure what it looks like until she sends me pictures).  

Stud earrings - wanted something smaller so as not to be too much.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks so much for your advice/help ladies!!

So I ended up ordering the barrette, and then  also ordered my earrings:

Decided to skip a necklace. But should I get a bracelet?

126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
  • Like something simple like this (which I think will tie in the ivory pearl earrings)

126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards