Not Engaged Yet

Sup? Anyone around?

Hey ladies! What's shakin? Anyone KUI? I wish I were but we don't have anything in the apartment and it is torrentially downpouring outside. Instead I am making ice cream and just chillin. Also, I just bought Zarkana tickets for me and H's trip to nyc in August. Woohoo!

I am really skeeved out because one of my fb friends just made a comment about her kids learning to drive.....this girl is my age, so 26. So I stalked her then realized that she is married to an older guy and they're his kids. I guess he could theoretically be just like 6 or 7 years years older than her, but still- can you imagine having a step child that was only ten years younger than you?
Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

Re: Sup? Anyone around?

• You are always making something delicious.  You're like my hero or something.

I'm playing on the internet and procrastinating.  I had two things on my agenda for tonight.  Clean up the bedroom and give the dog a haircut.  Neither of those seems like as good an idea now as it did this morning.

And yeah...  a 16-year-old stepkid?  Definitely skeevy.
  • edited July 2012
    Haha I am totally procrastinating, too. I was supposed to clean, but making ice cream sounded more fun.

And thanks for the hero comment. I'm pretty sure I've never been anyone's hero before :-p

• I'm just sitting at home. I'm a bit on edge today. I think it's all this wedding stress- I just want it to be here and be done. Blech. I'm usually not this big of a crab. I got upset with FI because he spent the night hanging out with a friend and didn't tell me he was until a few minutes before. I usually wouldn't care because I have junk to do, but I did tonight. I am just a crab today.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Aww, hugs! You should do something to de-stress. Wine?

• Hahaha you're welcome.
  • Sorry you're stressed, Hope!  Cookie?
  • Mmmmm. I want cookies!!!! And wine. Sadly I have neither of those. I do have a brownie mix in the cupboard though! Maybe I'll make those. 
  • Moo, yes. Very weird. I don't want a step kid who could be my sister.
  • Definitely make the brownies.

You just reminded me that I have wine.  Yay!
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Guys. I just found a ice cream bar in the freezer from Schwans. Except not any ice cream bar. It's like a mint piece of heaven ice cream inside of a chocolate layer. MMMMMMMMMMMM. Satisfied. 
  • Awesome!! That sounds delicious. Mint ice cream = swoon.

• Twas delicious. I am now having a second one. I better stop. I'll be even more stressed if I no longer fit into this dress in a month!
  • Haha I'm sure you'll be fine. One month- wow! Yeah I remember how emotionally unbalanced I was the month before my wedding. I'm surprised H didn't leave me lol.

• I was really stressed that last month, too.  It was kind of a fun stress, though, for me at least.

Ok, I really need to go accomplish some things.  Good night!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bbcb157-eb49-41dd-8bfd-1b26ab31d90fPost:8b642022-7ce4-41fe-a207-37f154bb97a7">Re: Sup? Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha I'm sure you'll be fine. One month- wow! Yeah I remember how emotionally unbalanced I was the month before my wedding. I'm surprised H didn't leave me lol.
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank God I'm not the only one! Seriously people just don't talk about it I don't think. It's always puppies and rainbows the month before the wedding. Is it weird that I seriously just am an emotional trainwreck and want this wedding to be done with? I thought this last month was supposed to feel like a wonderful dream!</div>
  • Night, Elle!

• Yeah, no...it was definitely NOT puppies and rainbows for me. I had a breakdown three days before the wedding, it was so bad. My dad just invited all these extra people to the wedding, without telling me, and we didn't have seats for them. I'm still pissed about that hah. But seriously, I know that people told me this and it's much easier said than done, but try not to stress. If there are things that truly need to be done then delegate! Otherwise, don't worry about things going wrong or whatever- at the end of the day you'll be MARRIED! :)

• Yep! :) My momma is making the programs now. I'm really happy about that. She is also collecting all of my RSVPs. I'm thankful she's helping with some things!
  • Yay! That's great you have some help.

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hope, the few weeks before our wedding people kept asking me if I was excited. . . and I was, but more than that I was freaking out and stressed. lol 

I just made some brownies that were supposed to be for our Opening Ceremonies party tomorrow. . . I may have eaten a few. Today has been awful for my diet. Oh well - tomorrow is another day. 

Who's excited for the olympics??
  • A ice cream bar sounds so yummy right now. It's pouring here.  I've been drinking wine and watching four weddings... I probably shouldn't be doing that.TBH

Anniversary

• I am excited for the gymnastics...

Anniversary

• I am really excited! I love the Olympics. Not the summer ones as much as the winter ones, but I am still excited to watch them.
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bbcb157-eb49-41dd-8bfd-1b26ab31d90fPost:6b921055-f121-4a06-a171-13d5269b1597">Re: Sup? Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A ice cream bar sounds so yummy right now. It's pouring here.  I've been drinking wine and watching four weddings... I probably shouldn't be doing that.TBH
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]
    I've been watching 4 weddings too. DH is on a call for work so I'm slacking off. 
  • Yes, I'm excited for the Olympics! I like gymnastics too, danser.

• I don't know when the gymnastics events occur though, I'll have to look into that.

I'm watching it now, sort of apparently this episode is in Canada it says Four Weddings Canada...

Anniversary

• CASK85CASK85 member
    I loved that Hindu ceremony. Her dress was really pretty. 
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks, danser!

• Hiii ladies. BF and I just got home from a happy hour/dinner with his people from work. He didn't get done with work until almost 8, so it was a pretty late event. 

I am SO pissed that I'll be missing the first 5 days of the Olympics...I work tomorrow night through Tuesday night. I'm obsessed with the Olympics...especially gymnastics and swimming/diving. Of course, those are the events that happen during the first part. 

I just put Four Weddings on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards