• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Umm... Awkward

So I work in a small office with three other people in the same position as me, and an office professional. I was sitting in the front having some coffee with OP and said that I like the bowl being used as a candy dish, one of the men in our office does wood work, and he made the dish. Our OP told this man that I liked it, his office is in the front (he was in his office), and he said, "well maybe I'd make you one if I ever got an invitation to your wedding." Umm... I did have everyone at work on my guest list, but the got the boot at the last minute because we just don't have room for everyone, plus I'm not sure how long I'll be at this job. I didn't know how to respond. He asked if the invites were out, and I said yes, then he left for an appointment. I don't know what I should do, if I should tell him that because of space constraints I was unable to invite everyone. I did invite one person from work, but I've known him since I was young, we go to the same church, and he was on the guest list before I even got this job. Ugh, I just don't know.

Re: Umm... Awkward

• He was an inexcusibly rude little snot to you. You do not owe that man any explanations at all.

BabyName Ticker
  • You don't owe him an explanation. If he asks and you feel inclined to explain, then do it. But he was rude to ask.
  • What an asshat. NO ONE is entitled to an invite to your wedding & he needs to get over himself. Who the hell does that? You owe him nothing but a swift kick in his douchebag ass.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • how rude!  i would just ignore it but if it does come up again, explain that you invited your other coworker jimbob because you and jimbob are close and have been friends for 15 years.  

what a jerk
  • EXTREMELY rude!! I hate when people put you in such an uncomfortable position!

I had the same thing happen the other night, but via text.
    Someone who USED to be a very good friend of mine and I haven't seen or talked to in over a year.  She had enough guts to text me and say "Thanks for sending me a wedding invitation"..... ummmmmmm. Okay.. you haven't called me in forever, why would I invite you??

People just don't think before they say things! 
    [URL=http://tinyurl.com/codlr5]My Bio [/URL]
  • Asshat indeed! You don't owe him an explanation but if he's pushy or you feel like to you need to tell him, just tell him you're having an intimate ceremony with just family and close friends.

I only invited 5 of my coworkers, there are 25-28 people in this office. And half of them know about my engagement the other half are just finding out, lol.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • kmason, that snide and sarcastic comment from that old "friend" should make you feel even better about not inviting her.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited July 2010
    Very rude, and he shouldn't have put you in that awkward position.  I only invited my boss and his wife, no one else.  Luckily, no one has been tacky enough at work to ask if they were invited.
  • In Response to Re: Umm... Ackward:
    [QUOTE]EXTREMELY rude!! I hate when people put you in such an uncomfortable position! I had the same thing happen the other night, but via text. Someone who USED to be a very good friend of mine and I haven't seen or talked to in over a year.  She had enough guts to text me and say "Thanks for sending me a wedding invitation"..... ummmmmmm. Okay.. you haven't called me in forever, why would I invite you?? People just don't think before they say things! 
    Posted by Kmason21[/QUOTE]

This! One of my "friends" - an old roommate from college - put a comment on my FB after I posted pix from my bridal shower that said "I guess my invite got lost in the mail". This was after she started a fight with my mom and sister over me paying my own way through college (which I did and her parents paid for everything). She also comes to visit her parents like every month, and they live like 20 minutes from me, and she doesn't call to get lunch or something, but expects me to drop EVERYTHING when she wants me to drive the 3 hours to see her. No - you are not invited! Friendships are a 2 way street!
    I'm sorry that your co-worker was suck a d-bag! You don't owe him any explanation. You can't invite everyone that you've ever met in your life...
    IAmPregnant Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards