Christian Weddings

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on this board since August due to law school, but I just wanted to drop by a note to say hi.  

I hope all is well with you all!  I'm loving married life -- it's so nice to come home in the afternoon from school and see my hubby!  He loves it too.  It was a little difficult at first learning how to live with each other, but after a couple of months, it becme much, much easier.

The first year of law school was a bit brutal... not as difficult as they say it is, but it was a lot of work.  I literally had no social life and spent nearly every waking hour studying.  It was a bit isolating, but at least I had my hubby at home who was also studying which helped make it easier.  I also missed the ability to focus on spirituality while in law school.  As an undergrad I had all these opportunities to reflect on life and take courses like philosophy and theology.  In law school, I also didn't have the opportunity to make friends with anyone, including people who shared my values like faith.  I've been in a new city, so I definitely missed all my church friends back where I was living.  I'm hoping once I get passed the difficult first year (my job prospects completely depend on first year grades), I'll be able to connect with people more. 

Anyways, I hope all you married ladies are enjoying married life!  I also hope all you engaged ladies are having fun with the wedding planning process.  For those of you who I'm Facebook friends with, I enjoy seeing your status updates.  Thanks again for all your support earlier this year as I planned my own wedding.  You girls are the best.  :-) 

Re: Hi everyone!

• Hi GJones!

Glad to hear all is well on your end. All the best with your studies and your marriage.
  • Hi!  I have missed you!
    Sorry law school is so tough but I am glad you are getting through it! 
    Hey did you ever find non smoking candles for your wedding?  The white candles that you hold?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• thanks for stopping by!! good luck with the rest of law school
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad to see you!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

Hey Ravenray!  How's your wedding planning coming along?  Did you end up finding a church and reception here in SF?  I think I got my candles here... it's been so long I can't remember!  I don't remember them smoking or anything, and I got them thick enough that they didn't drip wax.  They might be able to answer for you... I definitely called them and got to speak to someone to figure out which wouldn't drip wax for example. http://www.grecianimports.com/labadeswedding.htm
  • Yay, you're back!!  I think it's safe to say we all are loving our married life!!  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_hi-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:d26a46e0-30e2-45e7-9784-26f5faa4886aPost:706631e6-4ab6-4472-994d-9a6ee05035fc">Re: Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone! Hey Ravenray!  How's your wedding planning coming along?  Did you end up finding a church and reception here in SF?  I think I got my candles here... it's been so long I can't remember!  I don't remember them smoking or anything, and I got them thick enough that they didn't drip wax.  They might be able to answer for you... I definitely called them and got to speak to someone to figure out which wouldn't drip wax for example.  <a href="http://www.grecianimports.com/labadeswedding.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.grecianimports.com/labadeswedding.htm</a>
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]
    I did!  I am using the Old Holy Virgin on Fulton and my reception is over on Russia ave :)  I am very relieved and in the thick of planning (bleh).  Thank you! I will check them out! 
    I am in San Fran a lot and IDK if you are still around but if you ever wanted to meet up that would be fun :)  Though IDK if this board does that...
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Hey Ravenray!

Glad to hear all has worked out!  It totally would have been fun to have met up!!!  Unfortunately, I'm already gone from SF (left two days ago, back on the East Coast).   :-(  If you're ever in Boston, I'll be around there!  You'll have an awesome time having your wedding in SF.  Guests love it!  All the best.  :-)
  • Thanks for stopping by! GL with law school. You seem to be doing so well and I know you will continue to! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards