Virginia-Richmond

inexpensive venues

Hello,

My fiance and I are just in the process of searching around for where to get married. We are planning for Oct 1, 2011 but have no idea where. We wanted that beach wedding but afraid october will be too cold for that. We don't want the whole church wedding, something beautiful and elegant and intimate.

Any ideas?

I'd love for the ceremony and reception site to be the same...
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: inexpensive venues

• Maria&AdamMaria&Adam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We selected the Armour House and Gardens (through Henrico County). It's a gorgeous plantation style home with great gardens, views and a wonderful staff. We fell in love with the site and the price!
    For our LOVE, kisses, cuddles and hugs! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi:)  I looked everywhere and found this perfect mansion venue in virginia beach which is so affordable.

check out these guys www.primoevents.net

Take Care
  • edited December 2011
    I got married last October at the Richmond Valentine Museum (Valentine Richmond History Center).  It was beautiful and perfect for our day! We were able to have both the ceremony and reception in their outdoor garden (and they have an indoor space  too where we had additional tables and a photobooth).  The price was super reasonable and Peggy the coordinator was a delight to work with. I highly recommend it:) Good luck!
  • tammyfatammyfa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've just started looking as well and am doing ceremony and reception at the same place too. There's plenty of great places but I've run into space/size problems. I want to do the ceremony outside and indoor reception since we're doing next November...and it'll be about 100 people. If you're having about 50-60, the Valentine Musuem or Virginia Architectural Center or Glen Allen Cultural Center works. Crittenden Studio and Pant Zero are cool places. The Science Museum or Fine Arts Museum and Main Street Station. Most of the country clubs work, it just depends on budget. I don't want to spend more than $1800/2000 for the space rental (we're doing Friday so it's a little less expensive) but I feel like I've been searching and searching... :)
  • edited December 2011
    I spent the entire summer trying to find a venue that we could afford that would hold enough people (150), and be perfect for an outdoor ceremony......I FOUND IT!!!!!  Check out the Hanover Arts and Activities Center.  It is a historical building with a pretty lawn, right on the traintracks in the town of Ashland.  Very affordable and a beautiful building!  Good Luck...
  • edited December 2011
    Hanover Arts Center is BOOKED! For the entire month of sept AND oct....apparently is has gotten popular!!
  • edited December 2011
    That's my wedding date too! I found Apple Blossom Plantation, but Jasmine Plantation down the road from it is very pretty too. Good luck!!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards