Hawaii

Need Advice on Venue in Maui

Hello All,

I got enaged over the summer and am now just starting to plan my wedding with my fiance for next November 2011. I I am however finding it difficult finding a venue. My fiance and I want to get married on the west side of Maui and we are looking to invite a 100 people. Pretty big guest list for a destination wedding eh.  I am trying to find a place that would accomodate this amount of people and I prefer an outdoor reception overlooking the beach. Obviously the budget is the problem, with this many people, do you think it is possible to find something for about 20-25k? That including the ceremony, catering and reception etc. I would prefer to have it both at the same location, but I would be willing to have it at different locations if the price is good.

Any advice would be so helpful. 

Thanks in advance
Nikki

Re: Need Advice on Venue in Maui

• edited December 2011

Hi Nikki,

i just got married about 7 weeks ago @ the royal lahaina resort which is in kaanapali beach. we had a small wedding party. but  they do accommodate large weddings like yours and you can have both ceremony and reception there aswell. check out there website.@ theroyallahaina.com  click on weddings and if you want ask for amy johnston.....she was absolutely Amaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzing....they have packages and you can add extras if you want. also if you're looking for a photog consider peter Thompson....he was so awesome aswell. he is @ peterthompsonphotograhy.com. good luck and your planning. Smile

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you could easily have a wedding with that budget.  We are having 60 people at Olowalu Plantation for about $15-20K.  It really depends on how you want to spend your money.   For example, for florals you can save in Hawaii cause it's like - look around if you want to see foliage & flowers!  The food, photography, videography, and venue have been my biggest costs and I have everything lined up and ready.  I think you can definitely do it!  Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, and welcome to The Knot!  So many new Knotties lately, it's exciting! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • naca21naca21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank so much for getting back to me. Appreciate any advice i can get.
  • edited December 2011
    You have lots of options for that price range.  Fear not.  Olowalu is a very popular destination on this board.  I might also recommend contacting the Westin Kaanapali Villas -- they offer amazing room options (full kitchen & washer/dryer!) + no rental charges for using the lawn for ceremonies + a number of dinner options.

As AKWinterBride said, it's really all about how you choose to spend your money, but there are a number of variations that get you to $20k.

Congratulations & welcome!
  • edited December 2011

Welcome to the boards Nikki!

Definitely possible! If your 100 guests aren't local, you may have a smaller list. We invited 88 and had 31 people.

Olowalu is gorgeous and definitely doable for that price range. We spent about 17,000$ on everything (dress, ring, reception, etc) for ours and we definitely could have done it for less too!

• sparklygoofansparklygoofan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also check out this venue if you have a chance!  I found it while researching and it is on the west side as well.  Good luck!

• naca21naca21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi,

Ya we are inviting about 120-140 people, and expecting 90-100 people. we are both in the aviation industry as is lots of our friends, so we are expecting a good amount of them to come.

thank you all for you input. I am looking into some of the suggestions. Just curious, how much do people spend on a "plate"? I heard gratuity is 22% in hawaii. Is that true? Is it feasible to have a nice dinner for about $150/plate for an outdoor wedding?

• edited December 2011
    Check the Maui Wedding Planning website (link in my siggy) for catering costs.  I also have some info on the most popular locations.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards