Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Suggestion on honoring mothers

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do to honor our mothers during the ceremony? I would like suggestions that are not the rose ceremony or to have them light the unity candles. Thanks in advance!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Suggestion on honoring mothers

• Why don't you want to do a rose ceremony or lighting candles?

You could have someone read a poem about mothers.  I would think the dads will feel a little left out though considering that you are doing something that is not traditional to highlight the moms.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I don't want to do the candles because our ceremony is outdoors (we will do the sand ceremony instead). There is nothing wrong with the rose ceremony, I am just looking for alternative ideas :)

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_suggestion-on-honoring-mothers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:d3d4ee69-f546-4e6a-8b43-c353dac34579Post:0529b714-7588-4b7a-8a87-e3b2764b42ef">Re: Suggestion on honoring mothers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why don't you want to do a rose ceremony or lighting candles? You could have someone read a poem about mothers.  I would think the dads will feel a little left out though considering that you are doing something that is not traditional to highlight the moms.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is honoring them by seating them in the front row with a nice corsage not enough?

The rehearsal dinner is probably the best time to give a heartfelt speech thanking and honoring your parents for their support. The ceremony time should be for you and FI.
  • Your moms and dads could walk you down the aisle.

Each of you could write a heartfelt letter to your parents to let them know how much you love them. Give them the letters before the ceremony so they can read them later.

• At my sister's weddings the mothers poured normal colored sand first as the "base".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards