Just Engaged and Proposals

HELP!

My sweetie and I have been engaged for exactly one week but wedding plans have been in motion for the last 2 years. All in all, we've been together for 5 years now.

The problem? He won't settle on a date!!!

We had talked at length and had supposedly settled on November 5 of 2011...it was a compromise between early fall of 2011 and spring of 2012. Also, it wouldn't interfere with baseball season...why am I smitten with such a die hard Sox fan? *laughs*

The other night he started talking about having the wedding late summer of 2011 or he is still pushing for May of 2012. Personally, I LOVE the idea of late August/early September but he won't commit to a date just yet! I want to start looking at halls and sending out Save-The-Dates but it's all on hold until he settles on a date.

To be fair, we are in the midst of rebuilding our humble abode after it suffered a kitchen fire on February 11...but I am not asking him to start major planning! I just want a date so we can make a plan of attack...the house will be done in August so major things can totally wait until after that!!

How do I get him to understand the importance of picking a date? ANd how do I make him stick with the next one he picks????

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP!

• Honestly I think that if you two are planning on getting married about a year and a half from now, and possibly even in two years, you really don't need to be worrying about sending save the dates, booking a whole lot of vendors, etc.  The things you both want out of a wedding, the people you want to invite will all change over the first few months, so there's no sense in making these big decision right this very second. Just relax and enjoy being engaged for a few months.  If it comes to be a year out from the August date you spoke of, bring it up with him and ask him directly what he thinks about getting married at that time next year. 

If you really want to have a time-frame set right now, just talk to him about it.  Let him know it is troubling you because you'd like to start planning early (Im assuming here of course, I don't know why you need to know now)  Maybe he just feels that because it's quite a while away, he doesn't need to worry about it just yet.
  • redheadfsuredheadfsu member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    Dont worry about. You don't need an exact date until you are about to book a venue. You have a general timeline so dont stress.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards