Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

the golden rule...

Hey all,
I've been catching up on the recent posts this am and saw a few replies that were a bit harsh.  This board is to help people plan there weddings, its supposed to be fun.   The posts are dwindling as it is with the new update, please don't kill our board by responding rudely to others' posts. 

Re: the golden rule...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep! Agreed! We still need to make sure and give good advise and have opinions  but there is ALWAYS a nice way to put itLaughing

Don't want to scare off an newbies!
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    True, I am guilty of that. I did apologize to Venetian for my harsh response. There are some things that drive my crazy and I need to stop, take a deep breath before I respond.

Thanks for the reminder ladies!
  • Options
    ShaunaCookShaunaCook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have to be honest and say this is why i no longer post here .. i read the threads, but will not post ... i have seen too many people get harsh responeses for questions that were genuine.  some people dont know everything there is too about weddings and etiquette, in fact, i am sure most people dont!  a lot of the questions that are posted are things that a lot of people really just dont know the answer to, and that is the purpose of a forum like this .... to help each other and learn from each other.
    just my two cents worth.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_golden-rule?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8df50bff-9a8e-4051-beb8-7e81ef575135Post:d83ecd90-8817-42ae-97f0-4c3e9b871455">Re: the golden rule...</a>:
    [QUOTE]i have to be honest and say this is why i no longer post here .. i read the threads, but will not post ... i have seen too many people get harsh responeses for questions that were genuine.  some people dont know everything there is too about weddings and etiquette, in fact, i am sure most people dont!  a lot of the questions that are posted are things that a lot of people really just dont know the answer to, and that is the purpose of a forum like this .... to help each other and learn from each other. just my two cents worth.
    Posted by 950557125008074[/QUOTE]
    Well I think that sometimes things get a response that  can be a little harsh, but also that as far as most of the boards, even the harshest response here is WAY nicer here  than what you may get on on the other boards.IMO. So keep posting! I think it mainly is the hot button issues of etiquette that can get some snarkeyness...but other than that....
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    jessicacat111jessicacat111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP: I agree with you!

I found most of my vendors from here and just today I see someone semi badmouthing my photographer, who is about the nicest person I've ever met, saying that his price is "taking advantage" of knotties, which just floored me.  If you've already hired a photographer, then be happy and don't slam someone else's choices.

I'd like to see the forums go back to being a nice place to visit, share photos and help other brides.  The world is a nasty enough place without the badmouthing and rudeness here too.

Thanks, Jess
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've read a lot of posts that my first reaction was not very nice. My practice is to walk away and come back when I've calmed down. If I can't say something constructive or helpful, I say nothing at all. Planning a wedding is stressful enough without a complete stranger dumping on you.
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is so true tipsy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been on here since 2007, and I still think this is one of the friendliest boards on the Knot or Nest. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, but I haven't seen anything that changes my mind about that.

I do think that when people ask a question they should be prepared for an honest response. (Not one that's snarky in tone, necessarily, but one that tells the truth even if it's not what they want to hear). I don't feel like I'm helping if I give them incorrect etiquette advice, just because it's what they're hoping to hear. That's what we're here for--to help each other.

As for things being dead around here, they always are around the holidays. (And the redesign makes the site run slower, which could, perhaps, play a role). It always picks up in January and February, because so many couples get engaged around Christmas. Wait and see ... we'll have a bunch of new brides very soon! Laughing

Anyways, hope everyone's having a good holiday, and that y'all stick around for a happy, fun 2010!

-- Diane
  • Options
    AngieBee25AngieBee25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was here a lot last year... lurking and posting every now and again! 

And I really found it to be a great resource!!!! With friendly people, to boot!  Heck, I was even in LV on my iphone searching the boards when my hubby-to-be was asking me about where to go and what-have-you.

Sometimes advice isn't what you want to hear or people don't like the tone you might write in (sorry if I sound snarky... i hope not!).  But we are all here under pretty much the same circumstance with a lot of stress!  So hopefully we dont take it to heart too much and just appreciate the wealth of advice here :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards