Flowers
Options

How much do flowers usually cost?

So this is my first post on the Knot, but I'm slightly clueless on what to do about flowers. I know I want gerber daisies and I know that I want them to be assorted colors. I'm starting to decide on vendors but I have absolutely no idea how much a bouquet usually costs? I know that the bride's is always more expensive than the rest, but let me know if anyone has insight on how much bouquets usually cost? 

I'm getting married at the Dallas Arboretum so I'm not worried about making a statement with my bouquet. 

Re: How much do flowers usually cost?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should ask this on your local board.  Flowers vary from region to region.  You can find your local board in the light blue column on the left under Local Wedding Boards.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    klm03013klm03013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP. My area is pretty expensive, and with delivery my flowers are coming out to about a thousand bucks, which I thought was a great deal. That includes bouquets for myself and my five bridesmaids, 15 centerpieces, boutonnieres for FI, five groomsmen, fathers, and grandfathers, altar arrangements, pew decorations, and corsages for the mothers and grandmothers.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Please come visit us on the DFW board--we'd love to help!  I loved my florist and would highly recommend her.

I don't know how much you WANT to spend, but in Dallas, you can spend anywhere from $500 to the sky is the limit on flowers.  Bridal bouquets here usually run around $150.  Centerpieces and other decor will really depend on how elaborate they are, the types of flowers used, how many flowers versus greenery are used, etc. 

If all you want is bridal party flowers and want to keep costs down, alot of girls recommend Market Street.  A good florist will work with whatever budget you have.  Most budget calculators estimate that you will spend 10% of your total budget on flowers.

• Options
    nicoledyoung7nicoledyoung7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought all my flowers at Connection wholesale florist in Fort Worth. I paid $750 and had enough flowers to make 40 centerpieces, 2 large flower arrangements, 2 bridesmaids' bouquets, my bouquet, 6 boutinnieres and flowers for the cake. My wedding was on 9/18/10 and I made all of the arrangements on 9/16. I kept them in an air conditioned room w/ water to keep them fresh. They stayed vibrant and looked fantastic. Flowers can be super expensive, if you have the time and will to do them yourself, I surely recommend it. I am not super crafty but pulled off the flowers easily. Since you are in the DFW area, I recommend looking into the store in fort worth or finding one in Dallas. They even offer classes on making flower arrangements for weddings. My page has pictures. 

http://www.theconnectionwholesaleflorist.com/home.html
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards