Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NWR: I hate my hair. Wanna help?

Yes. I hate it. HATE.

The night before the wedding - so it's a bit longer now.

I grew it out so we could do a cool swirly thing with my hair for the wedding and now it's all long and annoying me. HOWEVER - I love that I can put it up for the gym, bad hair days, etc and everyone keeps saying they like my hair long, so I think I want to leave some length.

Anyhoo - does anyone have any cute haircut ideas? I have fine hair that ONLY stays stick straight. I seem to be drawn to anything curly or wavy and my hair just won't do it. Obviously I need another set of eyes. I'll love you forever.

TIA =)

Re: NWR: I hate my hair. Wanna help?

• Options
    I would just throw lots of layers in, that way you can put it in a pony tail for the gym.  You seem to have a lot of bulk in the last 2 - 4 inches and it does the muffin top/triangle thing.  If you can get most of the bulk out of that I think that you will like your hair better.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Ooh here's another one

• Options
    Are you kidding? Your hair is awesome. I would kill for that colour.  My hair is too thick, frizzy.  I would pay good money to have hair like yours. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Agreed..I like the first pic better too. But Google search pulled me in!

• Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    I have the same type of hair.

I have found that mine looks best around shoulder length with layers in the bottom 2-3 inches. I also have side swept bangs that help with my large forehead issue.

I put a little mousse on the ends and I use a 1" iron to curl the ends out. Then I use a 2" barrel and curl the very top layer in to give is a little swoop. It doesn't last all day, but I use Tresemme hair spray and it at least doesn't start to flip in weird directions when the curls fall out.

My Hair:

• Options
    Good point about the bulk, Mandy! I've been trying to grow it out to all one length so it would be easier to deal with when we put it up for the wedding, but now I can thin it out - I hadn't even thought of that til now! I definitely like the first pic Tiff posted...it's actually one of the pics I have in the "hair ideas" folder on my computer.

I had a pretty traumatic hair childhood - my dad made me get the "Becky" haircut from Roseanne a few too many times when I was a kid, I think. This is the longest my hair has EVER been!

The "Becky"

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-hate-hair-wanna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a41d95f-3a95-4d2b-be50-252eab476a94Post:cfddd576-07b1-44c3-8b5c-63532b614dc8">Re: NWR: I hate my hair. Wanna help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you kidding? Your hair is awesome. I would kill for that colour.  My hair is too thick, frizzy.  I would pay good money to have hair like yours. 
    Posted by shoegal715[/QUOTE]

I bet you have pretty hair...I would kill for thick hair!! My pony tails are pathetic! lol...and I DO pay good money for my highlights lol. I'm naturally blonde, but the highlights blow out my hair to give it more volume...cause I dont have any naturally.
  • Options
    The Becky, LOL! I love it!
    I like the Kristin Cavallari hair pic.
  • Options
    I agree lots of layers maybe even a little shorter!

THe kristin cavallerie pic is the best
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    I have stick-straight hair too, long, side-swept bangs are super nice because they give a little extra something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards