Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Good morning!

Rough start for me... forgot my wedding/e-ring at home, forgot to take out the trash before I left, and hit traffic on my way into the office.

On a positive note, I stopped for Starbucks before I got on the road, so I was pretty content sipping my caramel macchiato in traffic :)  Lets hope the rest of the day is smoother.

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  I'm in the same boat as you.  Forgot my phone!  I hate when I do that.  Last time I forgot it we had a snow storm and I almost got into an accident on my way home.  This is just not my week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya MH!

I am in such a bad mood this morning. Last night's meeting over the invitations was awful. I said I wanted to go with the one FBIL likes (but I think is too trendy/modern) and he basically spent an hour trying to tell me how I'm wrong about it, when I kept saying I really don't care and I'm fine with using it!! It was so irritating. FI was only making it worse.

Today I'm home for the morning because I have to go to New York to turn in my assignments for school. At least I will get to meet my friends from school for dinner.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  DH is home sick.  He came home early yesterday and didn't go to work today.  I feel so bad for him.  He's supposed to leave tonight to head to Philly for tryouts for the US National team.  Tryouts start tomorrow and he feels like death right now.  Poor guy.

• Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rachel - FBIL sounds like he needs to chill out. Why should he get to care which of his designs you pick? MH - I'm glad you had your Starbucks to keep you company in traffic. My morning traffic goes a lot more quickly if I wait to eat breakfast until I'm in it. Checking out another hotel to get a room block in today. I hope it's nice!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dibsontop - national team for what?
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-241?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0cafca7c-d6d6-42a0-ade4-9ab10818524cPost:6d01526e-ecf0-4e7a-b5f5-4657a1c5815d">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dibsontop - national team for what?
    Posted by Bean32[/QUOTE]

Wheelchair basketball

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In other news, I had ordered shoes from SteveMadden.com (on clearance) over 2 weeks ago but never received them.  I called yesterday to find out where they were because I wanted to wear them to a wedding tomorrow, and they told me they had to research it.  I finally get a call back and they tell me that UPS lost the shipment... I call bull$hit.  I think because it was on clearance, they were out of stock and my order still went through, but they had nothing to send.  So, they refunded my money and I had to look for shoes at the mall last night.  Boo!

I also got a spray tan at LA Bronze on Ridge Pk in Conshy.  It's a Mystic Tan booth.  They had 4 spray shades, and I went with the 2nd to lightest (because it's April and I shouldn't be really tan).  Overall I'm happy with it.  The color is even all over, and I only have two "issues" one being my hand (which I think is my fault) and I have a line over my knee b/c my legs hyperextend back and I think my skin creased.  Neither are a big problem and aren't noticable if you're not looking for it.  I paid $29 and it was buy 1 get 1 free!  So I can go back in 2 weeks before the next wedding we will attend  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dibs - I hope he feels better after resting today!
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

I'll be MIA most of the day - new project gotta check out the set up.

So FI calls me last night, and goes "i'm locked inside a gated fence"  WHAT?!  I guess a person wanted their car towed out of one shop and to another (the first shop was over charging).  I guess the drunk owner of the first shop locked my FI and his Tow truck inside the fence while he was getting the car and won't let him out.  FI had to call his work and the cops.  The drunk owner did offer him a ham sandwich.  Baltimore's finest got him out. 

Dibs - AWE I hope DH feels better!  FI is on quarters today too.

Rachel - uh I don't understand them.  I would have said, ok you guys, fi and FBIL, pick them out, I'm DONE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! I did NOT want to get out of bed today, but here I am. I am eating pizzelle's for breakfast though. There are eggs and orange juice in them... so it counts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MH sorry you're having a rough morning. hopefully it gets better.

I stopped for a caramel macchitto this morning and it brightened up my day.
    I was slightly disappointed when I realize I had to do my own hair and make-up this morning lol.

Looking forward to seeing B2B this morning though.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-241?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0cafca7c-d6d6-42a0-ade4-9ab10818524cPost:a8d1873b-84f7-4f11-88c0-40181b7f22cd">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Rachel - uh I don't understand them.  I would have said, ok you guys, fi and FBIL, pick them out, I'm DONE!
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Haha yup, that's what I did. I said it so many different ways too, saying that obviously they care about this more than I do, they have better taste than I do, I have other things to worry about etc. And he would keep saying how he wants me to be happy but he doesn't want to do the invite I like. All I want is for people to come to the wedding and the only way they will is if they are invited.

</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Rachel - I wouldn't have said it many times before I just walked away... or threatened using Evite because it's not worth the stress.  Did you pick an invite at least... is it over with?!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good morning!

MH- glad to hear the spray tan went well. I did it once when it very first came out and it was a disaster. I want to try again though, so glad to hear it worked for you.

Rachel- You are a nicer person than I am. I would have just gone and gotten some other invites some other way.

Mana- that is crazy!

Dibs- hope hubby feels better so he can play well!

BP- love that logic :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning. It's been a looong night. DD woke up at 8.40 with a cough and FI and I couldn't get her back to sleep until 11.30, and then after I finally fell asleep after midnight, she woke up again around two and is still wide awake. I had to take her with me to drop FI off at work, and she finally fell asleep in the car, but has a slight fever now. I'm on 2 hours of sleep... so I'm going to be the grumpy, say it like it is lady today. (when I'm on)

I think I'm gonna take DD with me and run to the hospital to say hi to my friend, then to the SS office today to change my name, and then go visit my dad at work.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mana - Kinda. I said I wanted to go with the one they liked and I didn't, and listed justifications for why I think it will work fine. It really isn't that bad, and I really am ok with it, he just thought that he would be able to design something that I love. And I dont' think he is capable of doing the style that I asked him to because it is so different than his personal style. He is going to format that one so we can print it on Saturday, but he also said he is going to try again for another style. I really don't care about the other style, I just want this to be over with. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jely - Haha. At one point he asked if this was two months ago, what would I want to do. I refused to answer him, but in my head I was thinking I would like to order them from etsy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-241?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0cafca7c-d6d6-42a0-ade4-9ab10818524cPost:807bbf12-e6bb-49c3-b3a5-33094c7166d4">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'm gonna take DD with me and run to the hospital to say hi to my friend, then to the SS office today to change my name, and then go visit my dad at work.
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

The HR person in me warns you not to put this on FB if there's any chance that your boss or anyone at work will see it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not. Trust me. All of mine today have been about her being sick, how tired I am... all because I'm friends with three coworkers. So if you guys ever see a status that doesn't look quite right... It could be because I need to get out of work for something, etc. I have a tendancy of using FB to back myself up. :) That sounds so bad...
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies!

Just wanted to stop in before I am running around all day! I'm off to the dentist then we are going to get our marriage license! YAY!

AW: 1 MONTH!! Laughing

Hil - I'm going to have to mae a stop a Sbucks today. Yummm!
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay lemma!!!!

I am looking forward to seeing Drink today! :)  
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning. Last day of class!!!! It's so exciting!

Dibs - hope the hubs feels better so he can go to the tryouts!

Paprika - hope DD feels better. the poor dear is always sick!

Lemma - yay for 1 month!!!

Rachel - I'd have totally picked an etsy seller by now. Despite the fact that your FBIL definitely came up with some nice invites...

Here's hoping today goes quickly! I wanna be done with this semester!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    YAY LEMMA!

Paprika - poor DD I hope she feel better and sleeps some!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

I'm in a hazy allergy coma this morning so hopefully this Dunks kicks in soon
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  

I have a ton today.  

Buy shoes, put numbers on back on invites, put direction cards in some invites, send invites.

Pick up sister on way to  Nailah's.  My mom, sister, and I all have a fitting.  

I forget what else, I have a list.  I should have stayed longer, but the prices were so much more the weekend before and the days after my flights.  

I saw my FG last night, she is so tall! 
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  I have the first half of the day off from work.  We went and got our marriage license this morning!  I'm going into work at 1:30 and then going to North Bowl with people from work. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!!  I'm not going to be around too much today.  I got volunteered to do a modeling show for charity all day.  It's a show that I normally go to and buy from, so I'm familiar with everything that they do.  I've just never participated.  Also didn't realize it was going to take up 9 hours of my day.  But it's for a really great charity, so I'm excited.

Dibs--I hope your hubs feels better so he can kick butt at the tryouts!

Lemma--YAY ONE MONTH!!

Rachel--You are being way nicer than I would be... and for that, I think you're amazing.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Amy! Did it take long to get the license? Anything I need other than my ID and money?
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It didn't take long at all.  You just need your driver's license and cash.  We were in and out within 20 minutes tops. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woo! Thanks :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards