Outdoor Weddings

How to decorate for outdoor ceremony

Our color/theme is hot pink rustic chic. The reception will be held under the pavilion by the pool. The ceremony will be held on the basketball court. Any ideas on how to decorate?! The basketball court is overlooking a pond, so there are no trees behind it. I was thinking of making a small "hoopah" type thing for us to stand under. Any thoughts??  (If the pictures were side by side, that is how it is in real life_

Re: How to decorate for outdoor ceremony

• Oh FYI these pics are from early April so everything will be green by July and obviously the pool will be open.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_decorate-outdoor-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:f7c0e713-56ec-4f5d-87df-96a7a2f6b71dPost:02224551-4b55-4d78-80a2-dc75909d9a54">How to decorate for outdoor ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our color/theme is hot pink rustic chic. The reception will be held under the pavilion by the pool. The ceremony will be held on the basketball court. Any ideas on how to decorate?! The basketball court is overlooking a pond, so there are no trees behind it. I was thinking of making <strong>a small "hoopah" type thing</strong> for us to stand under. Any thoughts??  (If the pictures were side by side, that is how it is in real life_  
    Posted by iluvmy0341[/QUOTE]

that would be lovely.  but please note that a chuppah is a jewish tradition with a lot of history behind it and calling any covering a chuppah could be offensive to some.

otherwise i would embrace your surroundings.  maybe float fake (or real) flowers in the pool.  or wrap the basketball nets?
  • yeah i didnt really mean a chuppah, something similar like how people do the white archways, do something more rustiic and flowing 
  • I think it sounds great! I agree with the candles in the pool. Also with the hoops maybe have a stream of ribbons or something coming down from them? I say potted plants? It could be very cute!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • I love the idea of adding candles or flowers to the pool. And I definitely think bringing in some potted plants coudl go a long way. Are you having folding chairs? Some sort of chari decorations could pull it all together. 
  • Yeah we are having folded chairs. I think you're right--if I add something to the chairs it should bring the area together. I was going to make an aisle runner, but it doesn't seem necessary.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards