California-Los Angeles

Need a westside reception venue that lets you bring in your own caterer

Hey everyone,

Looking for westside venue recommendations - ceremony/reception or just reception.  The kicker is that we need a place that will let you bring in your own caterer.  Any suggestions in Santa Monica/Venice/Culver/Mailbu/West LA/etc? 

We've already looked at Smog Shoppe in Culver but we'd like some other options.

Thanks!

Re: Need a westside reception venue that lets you bring in your own caterer

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and i booked at the LA RIVER CENTER, they have a list of Caterers they perfer, but we were able to get away with bringing our own. Its a beautiful outdoor garden. Good luck with your search!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny, I ran into a place on wedding compass the other day called Marekesh House, I believe.  It looks like a house with a modern backyard kind of.  I think it ws in Culver City.  I believe you can bring your own caterer.  I'm helping a friend plan her wedding now, and we are also looking for a venue that let's you BYO caterer.  Good Luck!
  • losspre6682losspre6682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hello my name is cynthia. well we have a great venue in the san fernando valley. great affordable prices. its a beautiful mansion house. if you have any questions please call me at 818-926-5502
  • lindseymuirlindseymuir member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Smog Shoppe in Culver City.
  • jwdeldottojwdeldotto member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If you want an oceanfront venue, check out Annenberg beach house in Santa Monica.  You have to hire a catering company....and I think New York Food Company is on their approved list.
  • DaisyJaimeDaisyJaime member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_need-westside-reception-venue-lets-bring-own-caterer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:5dc872f1-38ed-4525-9a06-52f702dfbe88Post:0ff39b01-bc8c-4a40-8c56-8d5602bc88f2">Re: Need a westside reception venue that lets you bring in your own caterer</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and i booked at the LA RIVER CENTER, they have a list of Caterers they perfer, but we were able to get away with bringing our own. Its a beautiful outdoor garden. Good luck with your search!
    Posted by aaruiz84[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds awesome! I scheduled an appointment there to look at the venue because  I fell in love with the pictures I saw on-line. Hope it works out for us as well, since I was planning on having our own caterer as well.  How many guests are you guys having?</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I am having plus or minus 150 guest! Let me know how your appt. went!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • www.gardensofparadise.com awesome place to be lagoons waterfalls really excited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards