Ohio-Cleveland

Z MEDIA PHOTOGRAPHY BAD EXPERIENCE

I just wanted to let everyone know that we were almost about ready to book with Z Media. We received a contract and made some adjustments to it which they said they were open to. There were a number of items in the contract that weren't mentioned in our meeting that we weren't happy with such as requiring a meal for both photographers (the same one your guests get or they wanted $100 per photographer) and charging $10 per revision (as in I want that photo black and white) to your photo album! That's a lot of money for simple changes, especially when you have no say in the layout to begin with! And for the prices they charge! So after we submitted our changes, we got an email back saying that "they don't accept any changes to the contract and we understand if you need to look elsewhere." How rude! After meeting with them and almost getting ready to sign with them! It was very disappointing and unprofessional! Just warning everyone else out there because apparently other brides have fallen in the trap of not reading their contract well and have been disappointed when finding out these details well after signing....

Re: Z MEDIA PHOTOGRAPHY BAD EXPERIENCE

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bummer that it isn't what you had in mind. The meal stipulation isn't a huge deal. Many photographers include this. Ours didn't, but we were serving both the same meal as everyone else anyway. As for the revisions, that seems a bit steep. I wonder if they do that to cut their workload (photo editing) down? Still, there should be some flexibility there.

Good luck finding someone who's more willing to work with what you want. And, definitely read those contracts! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also sorry you had a bad experience with them. I heard a lot of different people talk about them. I'm not sure what you are looking for in photographers, but check out Imagen Photography. As far as I know, they don't charge you for small things like Z Media does. Hope this helps and you find a great photographer! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Most photographers that I've heard of seem not to charge for those "small things." It honestly takes VERY LITTLE of the photographer's time to change a photo from color to black and white, for example. It's good that you're looking elsewhere! Good luck!
  • sarahb0485sarahb0485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with Corey Ann Photography and she's been amazing. I wanted an engagement photo edited that I was using for a christmas card and she got it back to me within a few hours. I can't imagine working with someone so difficult!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards