Texas-Austin

Venue Help/Sister Engaged

Hello!  I'm hoping all the ladies out there can help a girl out.  My fiance and I are trying to stick to a $5000 budget in Austin.  I have no idea how that'll work out with venues, etc.  I've been looking but everything seems so expensive.  Any advice/websites that I should check out?

Also, my older sister just got engaged and is apparently getting married in October.  My fiance and I have been engaged for a little over a year and planning for February.  She just asked me to be her Maid of Honor.  I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed now with MOH duties and my own wedding planning.  Suggestions?!?

Re: Venue Help/Sister Engaged

• may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Congratulations on your engagement.  My DH and I married at the Caswell House, which is a beautiful venue and reasonably priced.  Depending upon the number of guests that you plan to invite, you can probably stick to your $5,000 budget.

I went to the Bridal Extravaganza and was able to save $$'s by booking some of my vendors there (DJ, tux, & cake).  Also, we saved money by using Donna Foster with Central Market (floral department).  Her flowers were excellent quality and not expensive.  You might consider some DIY projects to hold costs down.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_venue-helpsister-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:f3df8baf-22f0-4a88-a235-0759433e692fPost:3fea5479-3418-4756-ad5e-59672cc7095a">Re: Venue Help/Sister Engaged</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations on your engagement.  My DH and I married at the Caswell House, which is a beautiful venue and reasonably priced.  Depending upon the number of guests that you plan to invite, you can probably stick to your $5,000 budget. I went to the Bridal Extravaganza and was able to save $$'s by booking some of my vendors there (DJ, tux, & cake).  Also, we saved money by using Donna Foster with Central Market (floral department).  Her flowers were excellent quality and not expensive.  You might consider some DIY projects to hold costs down.
    Posted by may2005[/QUOTE]
     <div>Thanks for the advice!  I'll email the Caswell House today :)</div>
  • If you are looking for an affordable reception space, you might want to check out my Art Gallery in Central Austin called Gallery Black Lagoon.

Friday & Saturday Pricing: $500 for 5 Hour Rental, $800 for a 10 Hour Rental
    Sunday – Thursday Pricing: $325 for 5 Hour Rental, $600
    for a 10 Hour Rental
    Prices include seating for 60, 15 6ft tables, table cloths and more.

http://galleryblacklagoon.wordpress.com/rental-space/

Capacity
    for the gallery is around 150 People standing (without tables or chairs setup), 70 seated theatre style in main room, or 60 seated at 6ft tables in the main room with more standing room available for 30 in front room. 1750 sq ft of space -> with all tables and chairs setup, MAX Capacity is 100 people.

Hope that helps some!
    -Singer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards