Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Candy Buffet?

I love the idea of a candy buffet, but I am wondering what other girls have done-where did you get your containers, where did you get your candy? Who set it up for you?  Did you have to get permission from your venue?...etc...

Looking forward to your responses!

Re: Candy Buffet?

• ferguliciousfergulicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

where did you get your containers?

I got mine on clearance at places like Target, Walmart, Michaels, and Goodwill stores

where did you get your candy?
    I just bought our favorite candy, so Target and Walmart.  I think my MOH picked up pink M&M's at Fleet Farm for me. 

Who set it up for you? 
    I sent up the glass jars on Friday (day before wedding) and then the staff of the reception hall put the candy out on Saturday so it was ready to go when guests arrived.

Did you have to get permission from your venue?
    I did ask to make sure they were okay with it.

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a popcorn buffet.  The venue provided freshly popped buttered popcorn.  I bought popcorn bags from the Dollar Tree and spice jars from IKEA.  Then I filled the jars with different toppings like what you would have at a theater (white cheddar, ranch, chocolate, salt, sugar, etc).  It was a big hit and a relatively economical alternative to a candy buffet.

I've heard Sam's Club and CostCo are popular places to get candy.
  • LinzstyleLinzstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our veue won't allow small candy such as M&Ms, so I would for sure ask them first!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We did a candy buffet and it was a HUGE hit with our guests. Even months after our wedding now, people are mention it to me. I would check with your venue first before you finalize any plans though. Ours didn't have any issues with it, but others may not be so flexible.

Regarding containers - check with other knotties about sets for sale. This is a great way to purchase all the jars, scoops, etc. that you might need.

Candy - we did some 'standard' candy like Hershey Kisses, but I also bought some 'gourmet' candies from Kowalski's and CandyLand in St. Paul. It all depends on how much you want to spend. There are some pics in my married bio if you're looking for inspiration photos.

My DOC (Stephanie, First Blush Bride) set-up the candy buffet for us prior to our reception. I drew out a diagram of where the containers should go and put labels in each container to indicate the type of candy it was to contain. It worked out great!
  • edited December 2011
    We did a candy buffet and everyone loved it! You can see some pics in my bio. We got containers (which are actually for sale) from a variety of places like Michaels and Jo Ann's. We ordered the tongs/scoops online. As for candy, I bought most from bulkfoods.com (I think that is the website?) A ton of people on here used it last year for their candy buffets. I also bought a bunch from Trembleys in Stillwater - I love their saltwater taffy. I also had my DOC set it up - Kirsten from Fab.Events - we took pics of the set up in advance, gave her the pics and diagram. We didn't really get permission - I just told them I was doing it.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • KikiTopazKikiTopaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our caterer has a candy buffet option as a late night enhancement. It is expensive but I think the guests would love it. We are only allowed to order it through the catering company and they provide the jars and candy assortment. I think it will cost  $3.75/per guest so I'm leaving it up to daughter and FI if they want it. Personally, I would freak out at spending almost $400+ on candy.
  • samatsonsamatson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my jars at chefs.com and target (you can see them in my bio).  I am still looking for a few more.  I'm not sure where to find the best deals on candy but candywarehouse.com has a huge selection.  I am doing all pink candy so I plan to stock up around/after valentines day :) I also talked to my venue before planning and they said it was ok as long as it was commercially prepared candy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards