Not Engaged Yet

Happy Monday

Re: Happy Monday

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:44a5ea55-d474-472c-bb2f-aa8bc086673b">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]5 days until the wedding day! That's all I can even think about today.
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

FIVE days?! Way exciting. What are you doing to fill those 5 days?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:d014624f-3d58-4aa0-943b-13df64676814">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Monday : HOLY EFF WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?! I feel like it was yesterday when this happened: 
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

When and where was that!??!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:4296c699-051a-46e6-b4fd-f428ed391d68">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Peek I'm impressed that you made a desk from scratch! Good luck this weekend on your 5k Jennifer your kitchen is lovely! We are moving into a town house too right now, but we're just renting currently. I moved 3 jeep loads of stuff to the new house. Bought a lot of furniture. Spent 3 hours ona  bike where I pulled my pedal out of the crank because I'm awesome.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Moving suuuucks. I'm trying to focus on how nice it'll be to move from this small apartment to a place with several more rooms, with several more closets.
  • OH! And Tyler also downloaded every episode of Sailor Moon for me, subtitled, and placed the episodes on our file server at home. Since they're on the server, I can access them all on my iPhone, so I spent the weekend (and already part of today) watching Sailor Moon :X.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:9fe40ff4-b200-4718-b916-30b2a5717d3b">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Monday : When and where was that!??!
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

<div>I went up to Minneapolis last summer and presented at a conference.  This was a bar that the three of us (me, Marley and Polka) went to (with polka's FI).  It was all kinds of epic - Marley stayed with me at the hotel I was staying at since she took the train in from wherever she lives.  She also got to come watch my presentation and we had brunch, and then went out.  It was probably the best day ever.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • polka - 5 days!  what do you have left to do?  how exciting!!  you're really getting married!  :)
  • Yes I know! It went by so freakin' fast even though this has been a three+ year engagement! haha. I'm so excited.

Peek, yes! That was fun. Even though although that drink looks pretty epic, we did not even drink half of it!

All that's left is to just write people's table numbers on their already finished cards. And wrap the bm/gm gifts. I'm bringing my dress to get steamed this morning, and then off to work. I don't think I can focus on anything anyways, but that's okay. Oh, and pack for the honeymoon!

I'm going to be joining the old married hag club very shortly.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • I got engaged on an ocean beach in the Dominican Republic. :
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:2dea0032-2b76-4805-a8c9-b9573e2e88d2">Re:Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got engaged on an ocean beach in the Dominican Republic. :
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]
    OMG congrats!!!! Pics please!!!!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:2dea0032-2b76-4805-a8c9-b9573e2e88d2">Re:Happy Monday</a>:

<div>You aren't allowed to sneak this into a morning post.  You have to write your own.  THOSE ARE THE RULES.</div><div>
    </div><div>AND CONGRATS!!!!</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:2dea0032-2b76-4805-a8c9-b9573e2e88d2">Re:Happy Monday</a>:

<div>AHH! Congrats! Where are the pics!?!?!?!!!!!</div>
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:97b93db7-c3ff-4f5c-90c2-9608a1f23a33">Re:Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Happy Monday : You aren't allowed to sneak this into a morning post.  You have to write your own.  THOSE ARE THE RULES. AND CONGRATS!!!!

Um, yeah.  Get on that, MSU.
  • Congrats MSU, that sounds so nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Ah. Didn't realize it was a rule. Lol. I'm on my phone and I don't know how to upload pics on the mobile site. But I'll get on that this afternoon or tomorrow at work. Thanks!
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • OMG Polk! FIVE DAYS!!! Where are you going on your honeymoon?

Congrats MSU!

• Holy crapola, Polka!! Where did the time go?? :) Sooo excited for you!!

MSU, awesome, congrats!! :) Pics or it didn't happen.

Monday can suck it. That is all.
  • yes Irish Monday can suck it.  I'm in a grumpy mood that only some wine could possibly cure.  I may need to pick up something tonight.

Anniversary

• I think it's time to go back to bed.  I cannot function anymore today.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:426a1565-5f88-484a-91bb-9adc0c4701fb">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's time to go back to bed.  I cannot function anymore today.

I've been wicked tired for days. I slept sooo much over the honeymoon and now it is damn-near-impossible to get out of bed in the morning.
  • lovelyheatherlovelyheather member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Congrats MSU!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:09cd0569-e925-426a-aa30-3d6e1387ba66">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]yes Irish Monday can suck it.  I'm in a grumpy mood that only some wine could possibly cure.  I may need to pick up something tonight.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I feel about today.  I could use an I.V. drip of the stuff.

Most of my family came to my place this weekend.  I love my family.  I just have a hard time dealing with the emotional and financial messes they have become.  As the oldest, I'm the one everyone comes to, including my parents, for advice and money.  Its really effing draining.  I always feel like I need a day to recover from the aftermath. I also alwas knew I would be the one to take care of my parents when they were older, but I never thought that meant when I was 33 and still creating a life for myself.

Life's not fair, and I usually suck it up and go about my work.  Today I just don't feel like dealing with any of my customers. Yuck.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:88c3bc7a-9d9b-4970-9cfc-5d6175aec206">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Go you two. That is an impressive amount of productivity. Fingers crossed for you and the outcome of your interview! H and I visited our townhouse Sunday. It is sooo exciting standing in that structure and thinking about living there. I'm so ready to have more space, a new neighborhood, and to use all our wedding gifts. Here is a pic of the kitchen again, with counters! I need to start running again. Or yogaing. My old body is not a fan of sitting still so much. Maybe I'll start this week...
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

I love your kitchen.  I'm sure you'll put all your wedding presents to good use in there!  That much space might even turn someone like me into a cook instead of a take-out kind of girl.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Wow Polka it's coming SOOO fast!! How exciting.

Congrats MSU

Peek that is so awesome that you guys built a desk from scratch..super handy!

We went to see a couples therapist on Saturday..really liked her. We ended up spending almost 3 hours with her!  Decided to do indivdual and couples.  I *think* we can work this out but I'm still waffling a little.  He wants to get engaged now like ASAP but I'm not ready...of course.  Other than that we went up to Apple Hill on Sunday and did some wine tasting...RAY can you please come back from Germany already so I can actually MEET you when I am up there? haha

• blarghhh I'm so over this work day.  Is it 4 yet? An IV drip of wine would be nice, as long as no needles were involved somehow.....

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:548d8c3a-4f92-47ee-b32e-afa387d6f99c">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]blarghhh I'm so over this work day.  Is it 4 yet? An IV drip of wine would be nice, as long as no needles were involved somehow.....

A beer hat, with wine, instead?

Or... or, there's <a href="http://www.thebeerbelly.com/The_Winerack_Small_p/200-007.htm" rel="nofollow">THIS</a> (clicky)

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b05bda5d-9b24-4c71-b0e5-21ecea008fd0Post:548d8c3a-4f92-47ee-b32e-afa387d6f99c">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]blarghhh I'm so over this work day.  Is it 4 yet? An IV drip of wine would be nice, as long as no needles were involved somehow.....

<div>Can we get a nurse to invent that?</div>
    I french with my man
  • I like Bri's suggestion for the wine rack.  That would be hysterical if I wore it to work. I actually like the taste of wine so may be an IV wouldn't be the best.  I'd do an IV of vodka though.

Anniversary

• Blaaaah. I hate Mondays (duh) but this Monday really sucks because it's the last day of a sales promo at work, and thus I am expected to sell a bunch today, even though it's been a super slow month for me. 

On the bright side, I got an awesome haircut this weekend, and I'm off on Friday, so only three more workdays to get through this week :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That wine rack might just do the trick!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • This post is full of exciting-ness! Polka I can't believe you are getting married in 5 days! That is so exciting!

Congrats MSU! I expect you to create a new post telling us the whole story with pics!

My weekend was really good. BF came up to visit and we had a fantastic time :) Today I have a doctor's appointment and that's about it. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with my new boss and learning more about my research assistant job. I'm really excited about but also really nervous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards