Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Akron/Cleveland Area Jeweler

Posted this on the NEO board too... wondered if anyone knew a good/affordable jeweler in the Akron/CLE area who does custom work? We're looking to have a wedding band made to match my 1940s vintage engagement ring purchased at an antique shop in Columbus. It didn't come as a set, and the ring has a lot of unique details that we can't seem to find in premade wedding bands (platinum, knife edge, milgrain work and has a fishtail setting on the baguettes, etc). Thanks for your suggestions! :)

Re: Akron/Cleveland Area Jeweler

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Emerald City Jewelers on the Parma/Brooklyn border on Brookpark Rd. John is the owner and he is GREAT to work with. They do custom as well as repairs and can order pretty much anything you want. Also, they deal in vintage jewelry as well (estate type stuff), so they know vintage designs. Prices are VERY reasonable, too. Highly recommend! I've been going there for something like 15 years now and DH bought my e-ring there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sodawsonsodawson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much- this is exactly the type of suggestion I was hoping for!
  • Options
    magrose05magrose05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the Akron area I would suggest going with Kimberly's Jewelry.  I also have to get my wedding band custom made and I am going with them.  They are reasonably priced and excellent to work with! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kimberley's is a great place.  I would also check out Henry B Ball jewelers, they have one location in Fairlawn and one in Canton!
  • Options
    magrose05magrose05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not suggest Henry B Ball.  I had a really bad experience with them and they have to send your ring out instead of making a ring right in their shop
  • Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sheiban Jewelers in Strongsville made my custom wedding band. My engagement ring didn't come with a matching band, and it was getting really difficult trying to find one on the shelf at another jewelry store that looked good with my ring (my e-ring has a very thin band and also had some custom work done to it!) I think they did a good job and now my rings fit together like they were a set to begin with. Definitely go to the big one in Strongsville though, not the mall store.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards