June 2012 Weddings

Has this happened to you?

So this morning I got down the street and realized that I forgot my e ring on the bathroom counter. I turned around to get. This was the first time I have ever forgotten to put it on. Have any of you ladies done this?

Re: Has this happened to you?

• edited January 2012
    A couple of times, yes. I felt naked all day! lol

The worst was when I had to take my ring off due to pregnacy swelling. I missed it so much!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I dont ever take mine off....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_this-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2350ec6c-a28c-46f5-8f5e-e2e9f55b1992Post:62e48044-6f97-4085-af19-ef8127b73f47">Re: Has this happened to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont ever take mine off....
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

Ditto this! I only take mine off to clean or do dishes. I feel naked without it on.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Yeah. I'll take mine off before I leave to work out or sometimes when I dry my hair bc it gets stuck in it. I hate that 'oh crap' moment
    June 16, 2012
  • We were at the jeweler the other day and he took it and cleaned it for me. I looked down and had a brief moment of panic-striken anxiety thinking that I had lost my ring. Then I remembered where it was.
    I also walked out almost $90 richer. :)

I left my ring off to put lotion on, (I hate getting lotion in it) and I went to work without it and felt naked. I don't really take it off anymore. Unless I am using a lot of lotion. I usually just flip it over.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yup, I've done it.  I think I'm odd in that it doesn't phase me though, it used to and then I realized that I couldn't let myself get panicky over it or it would spread to other things.  I also don't wear it while cleaning, sleeping and what not.
  • I have done it before and I cried because I thought I lost it. My FI and I went out and before I left, I put it in the cleaner BUT I forgot to take it out. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands when we got the restaurant and I looked at my hand and immediately started crying. It was terrible. My sorority sisters started helping me look for it. I then realized that I left it in the cleaner. When I got back to his house, I ran to it and when I saw it was there I finally was able to breathe so much easier.

That was a terrible feeling to have.
  • I have, but I think it was only once. My finger felt so naked that I made FI bring it to me! Haha I've been without it for a day after I fell and scraped it up really bad and try had to buff it. That was not a happy day either. I kept messing with my offer evade I always twirl my ring around my finger.
  • I forget it at home about half the time. I almost never take it off in public because I am paranoid about leaving it somewhere. I do take it off and put it in my pocket if I'm walking home late at night just as a precaution and the whole time I am paranoid it is somehow going to fall out of my pocket!
  • I have done it once!  I did just like you and turned around and got it.  I was a few minutes late for work but I couldn't stand not having it on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • edited January 2012
    Yep.  I take it off for housework, showering and putting lotion on my hands.  I can't stand putting lotion on my hands with my rings on.  It's usually when I deviate from the routine when I forget to put it back on (like after lotioning, something to drink instead of finishing getting ready for work). 
  • edited January 2012
    Since getting engaged, I haven't ever taken it off, not even when in Costa Rica... I think i'd feel naked without it
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I only take mine off in the shower.
  • I did it once, after we first got engaged.
    When we first got engaged I NEVER took it off; and then I started too because it is a little big so it would come off in the shower or when I slept. So I left it one day.. I freaked out and drove home to get it :) (I was also in outside sales so it was no big deal to drive home)
  • I've done it before. I take it off to shower, clean and sleep. I wore it to bed once and I woke up with a huge scratch down my face!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_this-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2350ec6c-a28c-46f5-8f5e-e2e9f55b1992Post:389aca27-7990-4dfc-a7a0-ba5cd3361c37">Re: Has this happened to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've done it before. I take it off to shower, clean and sleep.<strong> I wore it to bed once and I woke up with a huge scratch down my face!
    </strong>Posted by ncd5015[/QUOTE]

That does not sound like fun.
  • I actualloy had to just drop my ring off to get sized smaller.  I feel so weird without it.  I was going to go to a class at my gym tongiht, but I am thinking about skipping it becasue I want to be able to pick up my ring before the store closes.
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I take mine off to shower, put on lotion, and for most cleanings.  I got a manicure last week, and took it off for that just in case, but left it at the salon!  I realized about 4 miles down the road that I'd forgotten it, and immediately turned around.  Worse, I tried to call the salon to let them know, and my phone service was dead - I just got a new phone, ordered online, which was delivered while I was gone, and Verizon cut off service to my old phone as soon as it was dropped off!  No harm done, though!

I have had to drop my ring off a couple of times to get fixed (I'm pretty hard on it) and I do have short panic attacks when I suddenly realize it's not there.  I actually went to Target last time and got a cheapo "placeholder" to wear the next time I have to get that done.  That ring will actually also go in the ring bearer pillow for the wedding, so nothing real can get lost - the Best Man will have the real rings!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • I take mine off to swim (5x/week), wash dishes, clean, and put lotion on. I often forget to put it back on, but there are only three places I will ever leave it: my nightstand, the kitchen table, and my little zipper pocket in my swim bag. I haven't lost it yet!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_this-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2350ec6c-a28c-46f5-8f5e-e2e9f55b1992Post:da4100d9-3e7c-48a8-9db3-8aa1e6a66ead">Re: Has this happened to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup, I've done it.  I think I'm odd in that it doesn't phase me though, it used to and then I realized that I couldn't let myself get panicky over it or it would spread to other things.  I also don't wear it while cleaning, sleeping and what not.
    Posted by sleblanc72[/QUOTE]
    This. I take it off when I go to the gym, sleep, clean, and shower. Sometimes I forget if I'm in a big hurry. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I take mine off at home a lot.  I don't cook, clean, shower, workout, or anything with it on.  Still, I've never forgotten it when I go out.
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge - Wedding Shoes - Which ones?
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I took it off around Christmas time when I was washing dishes. I remember grabbing all of my jewelry when I was done and taking it upstairs. When I looked at where my jewelry was I didn't see my e ring. I went back downstairs where I took it off to do dishes and it wasn't there. I started to panic. It took me close to 10 minutes to find it. Some how it fell off the shelf I keep my jewelry on and landed on my bed. I found it laying near my pillow. I have not taken it off since. I was panicing and in tears that I lost it. I don't even take it off to sleep or shower.
    Gary & I camping... We love camping... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nope.  I feel too naked without it.  If I walk around the house for more than 3 minutes with it off I feel naked.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_this-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2350ec6c-a28c-46f5-8f5e-e2e9f55b1992Post:9c551a3b-fbd5-4fe6-87bc-7857716294e3">Re: Has this happened to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has this happened to you? :

Ditto this! I only take mine off to clean or do dishes. I feel naked without it on.
    Posted by L&J2012[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'll also take mine off in the shower. I have never left the house without it on, but I have forgotten to put it right back on after I do the dishes/shower. Haha...when FI sees it sitting on the dresser while I'm doing dishes or in the shower he puts it on his pinky (as far as it will go) and says something like, "My man put a ring on it". When I'm done I tell him to give me my ring back and he's like "Uh uh, this is my ring!" haha. He's a mess
  • I totally have. I never have time to turn around and get it. My co-workers have questioned me and side-glanced me when I did forget to put it on those couple of times. haha
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • goodtobekinggoodtobeking member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_this-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2350ec6c-a28c-46f5-8f5e-e2e9f55b1992Post:5d4ae13b-41d9-4bfe-8321-1bb983b31608">Re: Has this happened to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has this happened to you? : Same here. I'll also take mine off in the shower. I have never left the house without it on, but I have forgotten to put it right back on after I do the dishes/shower. Haha...when FI sees it sitting on the dresser while I'm doing dishes or in the shower he puts it on his pinky (as far as it will go) and says something like, "My man put a ring on it". When I'm done I tell him to give me my ring back and he's like "Uh uh, this is my ring!" haha. He's a mess
    Posted by SheilaDancer43[/QUOTE]

THIS THIS THIS!!! My man does this too!!! hilarious.
  • I only take it off to put on lotion if I feel like I can put it somewhere safely.  Like I would never take it off at a table at a restaurant (random example) and would just put lotion on with it on it I had to use lotion that badly.
    Anniversary
  • Mine is currently at the jewelers getting sized so I don't have it :(

I usually don't wear mine during the day at work because I work in shipping and I don't want it do get damage as I am VERY rough with my hands during the day. I ususally but it on a chain around my neck so I have it on me all day.
  • I usually take mine off as soon as I get home so that I can cook/clean/whatever. I don't wear it to sleep at all, and if we aren't leaving the house the next day, I generally don't bother to put it on in the morning. If we go out and forget it, I joke with FI that we aren't engaged for the day. I usually remember to wear it to work, but I don't get too upset if I forget it.
  • Yeah a few times. I like to put tons of lotion on my hands at night since they get so dry in the winter. One time I forgot to wear it and a mean girl at work started asking everyone else if FI and I were having problems. Eeeshhh
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards