Not Engaged Yet

I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...

13»

Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:acd22074-1d71-4d95-ada9-81585e526b29">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask... : Hi Virginia.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Hi!
  • Yea, I have field hockey legs, aka muscular thighs. While I appreciate a bigger (read, muscular) leg on my man, I could handle thinner thighs as long as his arms were bigger (aka Elle's rule).

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Also, Elle, I am going to punch you square in the throat if you ever describe any part of your body as "thick" ever, EVER again.

*******************************************************************************************

• melmac86melmac86 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    1. When did you get your ears pierced? Or why haven't you?

I was 6 years old. Mom took me to a place in the middle of the mall and I can still feel the embarrassment of crying in front of all those strangers.

2. What is your theme song?

Turn on the radio. Pick a station. It's pretty much any cliche song right now. Today lets go with this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcMn_Eu-XTE

3. Of the things you are wearing right now, (jewelry, clothing, badge, whatever), what is is your favorite and why?

I'm working from home in my pajamas, so this one doesn't apply at the moment.

4. If you could only smell one smell for the next year, what would you hope it was?

Fresh baked brownies.

5. Does height matter to you for your SO or potential SO? Must he pass the "thigh rule"?

I'm not aware of the thigh rule, but I think 5'10 or taller is okay for me.

6. Have you watched "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"? Why or why not?

I haven't, because I'm ashamed to support people like this, however my curiosity might get the best of me.

7. Please name your favorite place to eat dinner.

Anywhere with a wonderful grilled chicken caeser salad.

8. Who would play you in your made-for-tv movie?

Maybe Nicole Kidman, because my friend thinks I look like her. I don't really see it.

9. Share a random picture from the computer/phone you are on? What is it? :)

It's baby Dexter

10. Are you for or against bangs?

Depends on who has them and if they're done right. I really want some, but am unsure that I would look good.
  • 1. When did you get your ears pierced? Or why haven't you?
    I was in 2nd grade because my mom wouldn't let me until I was 8, and then she let my younger sister get hers done two weeks later!

Good question.  "Lights" by Elie Goulding seems like a good one at the moment.

3. Of the things you are wearing right now, (jewelry, clothing, badge, whatever), what is is your favorite and why?
    My newish Michael Kors oversized watch

4. If you could only smell one smell for the next year, what would you hope it was?
    Chocolate.  Not sure my waistline would approve though.

5. Does height matter to you for your SO or potential SO? Must he pass the "thigh rule"?
    I'm short but I like tall men.  Ideally around 6FT.  BF is exactly 6FT.

No but its the topic of conversation every week at beach volleyball.  I just haven't had time to watch the awesome train wreck it should be.

Bob Chinn's.  Best seafood ever!

Cobie Smulders

BF and I our first night in Puerta Vallarta this past February

I'll go through pro bang phases and then get them.  Everytime I'm reminded why its a bad idea.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:93317234-5914-4722-9295-f7e08254465e">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask... : Depends.  Are you bringing your H?
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I want to.
    Can you bring your guy? I want to meet him. I promise to keep my creepiest to a minimum. For example: We met through Bean. Does that work?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:d1519afa-38a1-499a-bb67-a13fa2aea9d0">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, Elle, I am going to punch you square in the throat if you ever describe any part of your body as "thick" ever, EVER again.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

Geezums I can't say anything around you.  Anything.
  • Remember when this board was this busy? Love it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:9f67d946-8b9d-4cf5-83a3-f895efccc68b">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask... : I want to. Can you bring your guy? I want to meet him. I promise to keep my creepiest to a minimum. For example: We met through Bean. Does that work?

<div>Of course! Although we don't need to lie.  He knows I was on TK before he and I started dating, and as much as it weirds him out, he's okay with it.</div><div>
    </div><div>So, let me talk to him and we'll figure it out.  There were a couple places close to the wine place that looked reasonable/awesome.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:bf199132-a202-4da4-ae72-d86a86c2ff2c">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask... : Of course! Although we don't need to lie.  He knows I was on TK before he and I started dating, and as much as it weirds him out, he's okay with it. So, let me talk to him and we'll figure it out.  There were a couple places close to the wine place that looked reasonable/awesome.

Oh good. I suuuck at lying.

Looking forward to it!
  • SpartanCatSpartanCat member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    1. When did you get your ears pierced? 13 I think? then, 15, 18, and 20

2. What is your theme song? I'm Going Slightly Mad by Queen

3. Of the things you are wearing right now, (jewelry, clothing, badge, whatever), what is is your favorite and why? My class ring. I have one for high school and college and i wear it 99% of the time

4. If you could only smell one smell for the next year, what would you hope it was? Chartpak markers haha jk. umm... I don't know. i don't think I'd want to smell any one smell for that long.

I don't know what the height rule is. He does need to be taller than me or I just feel big and beastly and if I don't feel attractive with a guy, I can't be attractive. Luckily my SO is an inch or two taller. Could use a couple more but can't have it all : ) I don't know what the thigh rule is.

Good god no. I avoid that kind of stuff like the plague.

Olga's Kitchen 

I don't know. Claire Danes I guess since everyone says I look like her. Or the chick who played Kimmy Gibbler but I haven't decided if I like that comparison or not lol.

One portion of one of the largest urban solar fields in the US. I don't have anything interesting on my work computer lol

Um... Kind of undecided. They're not for me and I've found I don't like them on older women for some reason but some girls can pull them off.

EDIT- Just read what the thigh rule is. Luckily, my BF is a hockey player so he has the muscles to match : )

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:91a2c128-d0ff-4bee-8769-385e4bb518dd">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask... : Hi!
    Posted by heartagram84[/QUOTE]

How are you?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:75478220-6108-42ba-917c-61b6d77ee5da">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask... : Oh good. I suuuck at lying. Looking forward to it!

<div>I just moved this to text.  Which probably means that we're going to fall apart and forget we made plans that night.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:e6cd245d-5001-4bd5-8f3d-b07cdf409792">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask... : I just moved this to text.  Which probably means that we're going to fall apart and forget we made plans that night.

Nope. It is on my google calendar. Breaking the cycle!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:5df40e19-dca8-4099-b093-ba64fe1b7095">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask... : Nope. It is on my google calendar. Breaking the cycle!

<div>YAY!</div>
    I french with my man
  • I love Google calendar. I'd be lost without it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:924b3cef-1e87-46d5-b5f8-ccc9e11ada4f">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask... : How are you?
    Good, I haven't killed anyone today, so that's a plus. Still very new to posting here, but just got engaged. So I guess I am kinda in the clouds still.
    How are you? I assume you are in NOVA, I am down in Hampton Roads. :)

I got them pierced as an infant. I got my cartilage pierced when I was 18, against my parent's knowlegde. My mom wasn't near as furious about the piercing as she was when she saw my tattoo a few months later. 

Gosh, I haven't had a theme song in years.... Spice Girls Wannabe?

I really like my new glasses!! They're red, purple, and grey. 

The smell of books. Old ones, new ones, loved ones, mmmmm....

Considering I'm 5', even my middle school students are taller than me. FI is 5' 7"

I didn't know what Honey Boo Boo was until yesterday. I don't have cable. 

Gah, just one? I really enjoyed Benihana last night. I also really like the sandwiches at the bar I frequent. 

Hmm... I don't know actresses well at all. Someone short. 

This is me and one of FI's gm's the week FI and I started dating. (This is the bm that's a huge douchenozzle now) We're doing one of my favorite things: tailgating before a football game!

I have no strong preference. I feel like I look good with or without bangs. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ive-got-a-couple-of-questions-i-wanted-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0299e37e-53a4-4583-9206-2a644c433706Post:d32bbfee-0f8d-4da5-8647-82e0e0207658">Re: I've got a couple of questions I wanted to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]   4. If you could only smell one smell for the next year, what would you hope it was? The smell of books. Old ones, new ones, loved ones, mmmmm.... Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

I might have to change my answer to this.  I love the smell of books...I can't buy a Kindle because of this.  And I am looking at a library for a venue because of this too. 
    First hole when I was 8, second when I was 11 or 12, I think?

Heart Like Mine by Miranda Lambert

Old, old pair of Abercrombie gym shorts.

Hmmm, that's a tough one. Some sort of fresh laundry, maybe? I would say a food smell, but then I would be hungry all the time. 

I have no idea what the thigh rule is, but I do like them to be at least a couple of inches taller so that I can wear heels.

I have not. I probably will at some point, after a couple of drinks.

This is so tough...I have so many favorites! I'm going to have to go with a local place called Deer Park.

I have no idea. 

top of a mountain we climbed in CA

I think they look great on a lot of people...I've never had them, though. Not even when I was little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards