Illinois

Mother-in-law/Father-in-law Dance

My father passed away recently and my fiance's mother passed away a year ago. We still want to dance a father/mother dance and can't think of any songs that are appropriate. We are going to dance with both of them at the same time. Can anyone think of something that would fit our situation? Also, he would like to dance with his only sister and I would like to dance with my brother (the job of walking me down the aisle rests on his shoulders now). Does anyone have a suggestion for this situation?

Re: Mother-in-law/Father-in-law Dance

• What were your parents first dance songs or what is their (deceased parents) favorite artist?
  • awww...that's a really great idea. My dad likely won't be able to attend - he lives out of state and is not healthy. I was thinking who would I dance with (not close with my brothers) but you gave me an idea to maybe dance with my father in law.

As to songs - type in google search top wedding songs and you'll get a lot of songs - some of them may be appropriate for this situation. But really, couldn't you use any song you would have used with a father daughter/mother son dance? 
    Daring to dream a bigger dream
  • edited March 2012
    How about holes in the floor of heaven, it's sad but might be appropriate in the situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards