Wedding Party

Groomsmen gifts

I found the perfect gift for my groomsmen! I ordered them all Bruins logo cuff links. I found them on etsy and can't wait to get them. They are gonna love them. Let's hope I didn't just jinx the B's in game 7 tonight. Go B's!

Re: Groomsmen gifts

• Do they often wear cuff links? I can count on one hand the number of occasions when my FI has worn cufflinks in the last 10 years -- it's pretty rare to wear them for most men.

Lizzie
  • 2 of the three dress up for work so I am sure they will be used.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsmen-gifts-26?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:3cffc4d2-fa94-431d-b173-e427ce6e15f8Post:44fcb515-d1fe-40cb-9af8-c1c011619e89">Re: Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do they often wear cuff links? I can count on one hand the number of occasions when my FI has worn cufflinks in the last 10 years -- it's pretty rare to wear them for most men.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure my FI has a clue what cuff links even are.

But if it works for your FI & his guys OP, good for you. We still need to figure groomsmen gifts out. Pretty sure we'll go with something along the lines of beer mugs or flasks since they all definitely know what drinking is.
  • My fiance wears a suit on a regular basis but still doesn't wear french cuff shirts. And what about the other guy? You don't have to buy them all the same thing.
    Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsmen-gifts-26?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:3cffc4d2-fa94-431d-b173-e427ce6e15f8Post:0d59a70f-0e12-4353-9087-57f998fa8d43">Re: Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance wears a suit on a regular basis but still doesn't wear french cuff shirts. And what about the other guy? <strong>You don't have to buy them all the same thing</strong>.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

This.  If my H were in a wedding and got this gift they would either be thrown away or shoved in the back of his nightstand drawer never to see the light of day again.  He works in HVAC and certainly doesn't wear suits on a daily basis...the only time he gets dressed up is for weddings and funerals.

• My fiance actually agreed that these would be perfect for them. All four of them have been in several wedding together and have plenty of beer mugs with either their name or intial on them. Thanks
  • ^But you just said that it's not "perfect" for at least one of them. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but why waste your money on something they don't want and won't use? You should shop for them each individually -- as if it were their birthday.

Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsmen-gifts-26?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:3cffc4d2-fa94-431d-b173-e427ce6e15f8Post:18216766-b43c-4fd9-932d-468bf2c9a119">Re: Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance actually agreed that these would be perfect for them. All four of them have been in several wedding together and have plenty of beer mugs with either their name or intial on them. Thanks
    Posted by Jules5611[/QUOTE]

It's not like cufflinks or beer mugs or whatever else Google produces from a "gifts for groomsmen" search are your<em> only</em> options.
  • I like the Bruins and all but we are much more Capitol fans...go Cap's!! ;oP
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I think it's a cute idea.  I am going to get FI cuff links to wear at our wedding, although I know it's not a gift he'll wear frequently at all.  Just because you're not going to use something daily doesn't mean it's not nice to have nice things.  I don't wear my mother's diamond necklace that she gave me for college graduation, but I love having it and wearing it when I dress up.

GO BRUINS!!
    this overtime is killing me
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsmen-gifts-26?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3cffc4d2-fa94-431d-b173-e427ce6e15f8Post:7d50a8c8-f594-4e76-b686-a616cbe6ba34">Re: Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]^But you just said that it's not "perfect" for at least one of them.<strong> I'm not trying to be argumentative</strong>, but why waste your money on something they don't want and won't use? You should shop for them each individually -- as if it were their birthday.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

Clearly you are.That's like someone saying "no offense" ...you know that they are now aware that they are being offensive.

Blakgarnet...I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

I didn't realize when picking gifts for a bridal party that they have to use it everyday. I thought the whole point of giving them a present was to thank them and pick something they would like and not normally buy for themselves...hmmm
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsmen-gifts-26?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:3cffc4d2-fa94-431d-b173-e427ce6e15f8Post:d8c7ebef-31de-448a-87ab-2669c5b44a1d">Re: Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Groomsmen gifts : Clearly you are.That's like someone saying "no offense" ...you know that they are now aware that they are being offensive. Blakgarnet...I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you. I didn't realize when picking gifts for a bridal party that they have to use it everyday. I thought the whole point of giving them a present was to thank them and pick something they would like and not normally buy for themselves...hmmm
    Posted by Jules5611[/QUOTE]

No, I was trying to help you. Why, I couldn't tell. You have a heinous attitude.
    Lizzie
  • Help how? I had already purchased them...I wasn't asking on what to get for them, I was posting because I was excited on what I had decided upon. So my not agreeing with you and making a point makes for a henious attitude? Intersting... considering every post you made consisted of attitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards