Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

OL Tuesday

Dear FI's Misc Family & Family Friends,
Hunting down your addresses was a PITA (and we don't have phone numbers or emails for the vast majority of you) - so, maybe you could go ahead and RSVP?  Especially, seeing as though the RSVP date was a week ago...
Oh, and I get that in the "biker" culture you probably don't get a lot of fancy invitations to events, and while apparently some found them to be a laugh riot (according to FMIL)- at least that group actually sent in RSVPs.
Signed,
Annoyed bride-to-be that is at least relieved that I don't have to try to do a seating chart in this situation...

Re: OL Tuesday

• edited December 2011
    Dear Mystery Cold (Hopefully not another sinus infection),
    I finally understand why I was lethargic and boring all weekend, since I woke up with sore throat/nasal issues/general sickness this morning. Thanks for ruining the long weekend and making it realllly hard to get up for work today. I just want to stay in bed and read gossip magazines like I did half the day yesterday.
    ---Sick Me
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Dear Diana,
    I feel your pain. People are just plain lazy, think that they may have mentioned that they would be there (even if it was 7 months ago), and think that they don't have to return that pesky envelope. We called all of our RSVP misfits yesterday, and we got lots of 'aw, I meant to put that in the mail' or 'come on man, you know I'll be there!' responses.
    --Knottie that is re-thinking the whole seating arrangement thing ;)
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Brides Waiting on RSVPs,
    I'm sorry.  I just don't have time to return a self-addressed stamped envelope. 

Sarcastically Yours,
    Julie

PS:  It really sucks that this is the one thing that pretty much every bride goes through.
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Courtski,
    I got a, "We have so many invitations they are all in a pile so I didn't send the RSVP back. I'm not even sure I say which invite was yours" response! I know there are other wedding and he's a popular person, but really did you have to say it like that?
    - Felt under appreciated.

Dear Work,
    I stayed in town this weekend to work on Sunday. They cancelled it and never responded. I can't believe I didn't go a baptism with FI or see my baby nephews to stay in town for you and you cancelled! I can't wait to see if you even apologise. I'm going to stop before this is a novel.
    - Obviously annoyed
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Diana -

They had a "laugh riot" over your invites?! And she told you?!!?

In the words of Stephanie Tanner... How rude!

- Brianna
  • edited December 2011
    Dear work
    I did not miss you one bit while on our honeymoon.  I also wish my laptop wasn't so slow with email when I get back, it took forever to go through last week's emails.

Slowly getting back into the swing of things
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc0ad48f-3302-4683-9d90-a23d0fa6154dPost:2f5d18a9-d629-448d-bcc3-e01b4aab466c">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear work I did not miss you one bit while on our honeymoon.  I also wish my laptop wasn't so slow with email when I get back, it took forever to go through last week's emails. Slowly getting back into the swing of things
    Posted by llc2011[/QUOTE]

How was it?? Pictures?
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Healthy Trim Radio Spokesperson:
    P-I-C-T-U-R-E-S is not pronounced "pitchers."  If your job centers around your speech, please improve it.

Dear anyone who is interested (particularly any high school science students):
    A bar graph shows a basic comparison.  A line graph shows a change over time.

Dear everyone:
    I promise, save the dates are going out this week.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Dear Brianna-

Stephanie Tanner just made me giggle.

Dear girls from TN who may be lurking-

Tomorrow needs to come cause I have a major need to talk Bachelorette.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    Dear all,

I am in vacation mood.. I am craving a pina colada and its only 9:30!!!
    Sadly I'm at work!
    -dreammy knottie
  • edited December 2011
    Dear client,

Thank you for putting off your issue this weekend until bright and early this morning. I appreciate the fact that you didn't catch me when I was wide awake this weekend and willing to help, but you caught me when I was still sleepy eyed and miserable from waking up.

Signed,

Annoyed
  • edited December 2011
    Dear headache...
    GO AWAY! Thank you :)
    -me

Julie,

I know I will probably be among everyone else with the RSVPs (I'll try not to though), but your OL made me laugh! :)

-Meghan

• dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc0ad48f-3302-4683-9d90-a23d0fa6154dPost:8e645f99-f288-41e3-855d-3925cd070141">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Diana - They had a "laugh riot" over your invites?! And she told you?!!? In the words of Stephanie Tanner... How rude! - Brianna
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Yeah - apparently I'm very "prissy" for having nice invitations and RSVP cards and whatnot... (insert eye-roll here)
    Oh, and I assure you this is one of the least "rude" things I've dealt with ... FMIL is a lil' cray-cray...
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc0ad48f-3302-4683-9d90-a23d0fa6154dPost:92b4eee1-d2b3-4ecb-b48e-623e84b7f3e4">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear headache... GO AWAY! Thank you :) -me <strong>Julie, I know I will probably be among everyone else with the RSVPs (I'll try not to though), but your OL made me laugh! :) -Meghan</strong>
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]
    Dear Meghan,
    At this point, just you getting invitations will be a feat in and of itself.  Worst case scenario:  summer break starts Monday and I have EXCELLENT handwriting. 
  • edited December 2011
    Dear OMH's who were quoted in the TX Knot magazine,

I know we talked about this before in another thread, but it's awesome that ALL of the quotes came from only DFW brides. The fact that we have so many amazing ladies here is awesome.

-the girl who is slowly flipping through her shiny new magazine over coffee :D
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc0ad48f-3302-4683-9d90-a23d0fa6154dPost:21be5eb9-6d10-44c3-aebf-afa6a365d581">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear OMH's who were quoted in the TX Knot magazine, I know we talked about this before in another thread, but it's awesome that ALL of the quotes came from only DFW brides. The fact that we have so many amazing ladies here is awesome. -the girl who is slowly flipping through her shiny new magazine over coffee :D
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

This!
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Dear gas prices,

I will be driving out of town 8 out of the next 10 weekends, so if you could see fit to continue dropping, that would be amazing.

Sincerely,

Strapped-for-cash grad student
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kendall - Who all was quoted?
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Knotties,

Today has been a bad day and getting worse! Can someone make the day end?
    - Would be grateful knottie
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fc0ad48f-3302-4683-9d90-a23d0fa6154dPost:6e45e81a-83e5-4d19-9dde-1fcfb215613f">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kendall - Who all was quoted?
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

For those of you who don't get/need the mag any longer:

Title: Secrets From Real Brides: More than 179,000* brides in Texas are planning their wedding right nw.  Here's what they've figured out along the way.

<u><strong>Bobbileighb</strong></u> - "Our photographer has been the single best decision we've made.  Chelsea and Mack of McGowan images are <strong>so much more than photographers.</strong>  Being new to the Dallas-Fort Worth areas, I was clueless, so Chelsea found the perfect place for our engagement pictures.  She's helped with all things wedding-not just the photography-including timelines, other vendors and even personal advice."

<u><strong>Stephiehall </strong></u>- "I really wish I'd known about <strong>all the great bridal shops in Dallas,</strong> even for those with small dress budgets. Even though there's nothing wrong with chain stores, don't automatically think that's your only option."

<u><strong>MLandCJ </strong></u>- "Hands down and without a doubt, A Bridal Blossom has been my favorite vendor.  I actually met her at The Knot Ultimate Night of Bridal Beauty event.  She offers honest advice and isn't at all pushy.  She actually <strong>listens to my thoughts and ideas</strong> and is such a creative person - you can really tell she loves what she is doing."

<u><strong>NMac2010</strong></u> - "The Country Abbey, our venue, made the whole process leading up to the wedding day very seamless for me.  I never stressed about things coming together because I knew <strong>they had everything under control</strong>.  They're great people, and they treat you like you're the only bride getting married there."

<u><strong>Bsn1752</strong></u> - "Something that I'm SO thankful for: stumbling upon the Knot boards, mainly the Dallas-Fort Worth board.  I count on these ladies to be <strong>my sounding board for wedding ideas</strong> and to be my friends when I need them.  Iwouldn't have been able to plan a wedding half as great as I have if it wasn't for these boards and the brides on them.<em>"</em>

<u><strong>Bethlovesjim</strong></u> - "Fair Park in Dallas is a great place to take gorgeous photos.  This landmark in the heart of the city invokes many happy memories.  My favorite pictures have the iconic <strong>Texas Star Ferris wheel in the background</strong>.  For someone who truly loves Texas, this is the place to have your picture taken!"

<u><strong>Danac2010</strong></u> - "My caterer was Nice Guys Catering, and they were amazing!  We knew we wanted BBQ for our buffet, and they made <strong>one of the bestbriskets I've ever had!</strong>"
  • edited December 2011
    Wow those are awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Knotties,

My mom has requested I don't do a TTD session cause she's so in love with it. Now I'm toying with Bridals or a Day-After, so I don't ruin it but at least have pics of me in it. I'm also considering buying a $99 gown at Davids for the purpose of trashing it.

-Kinda Bummed but trying to be innovative Knottie
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Wedding Factory Direct,

I LOVE YOU! My cake topper is gorgeous, and I just ordered the cake cutting set to match my wedding flutes and cake topper!

Sincerely,

a VERY happy bride!

Dear knotties,

I'm excited to be going to a G2G! It's been far too long!

-me :)
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Meghan,

Pictures of said topper plz.

-Curious knottie
  • edited December 2011
    Dear lauren,
    Love your siggy picture!
    giselle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards