New Hampshire

Interesting Article

So I was browsing the internet and found THIS article on unconventional marriages.  I wanted to know what you ladies think.  Some of these situations don't really strike me as a marriage, but hey, whatever floats your boat!  (Although I have more concern for the kids involved).  Just wondering your thoughts...
Anniversary Buying A Home

Re: Interesting Article

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Def an interesting article. I don't think any of them are really unconventional, although that is the first time I've hear of a married couple living in different houses that were states apart. I've heard of living far apart due to jobs before, but only for a short period of time. And the age difference really does happen all the time and personally, I think a 25 year difference is gross but that is just my opinion!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just found the part about how her now DH used to visit her at college and stay at her dorm.  I'm sure her roommate loved that!  Hahaha..
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not college if you can't sexile your roommate. 
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My second college roommate had a boyfriend who was in his mid-30s and literally traveled the world as a photojournalist.  He actually came to visit very often, with the excuse of, "Oh, I was in the area" - which actually meant, "I happened to be in the U.S. so I thought I'd drop in."  It was more than a little awkward at times.

On the separate houses issue, Tim Burton and Helena Bonham-Carter are married and have completely separate, though adjoining, homes, due to needing their creative space and having drastically different taste in decor!  Even more different: They have a third house just for their kids.  I guess we'll find out in the next decade or two just how horrible or amazing this turns out, eh?
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    When I was an RA my senior year and I would have to sit at the front desk... there was this girl that was a sophomore that had a much older man as a boyfriend and he would come stay with her all the time. He was so creepy and when we needed to ID him he would always give us his gun license instead of a drivers license. Creeped me out big time!

And very interesting about Tim Burtom and his wife....and the kids. To each their own I guess!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards