Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Calling all White Oak Plantation Brides!!!

If any of you were married recently at white oak and wouldnt mind emailing me, I wanted to get some feedback on the wedding coodinator that is included in the packages.   I am trying to decide whether I need to hire a wedding planner in addition to this one or not.  I want to know any good/bad experiences any of you have had.   Thanks soooo much!

stephaniehasting@gmail.com

Re: Calling all White Oak Plantation Brides!!!

• llefev1llefev1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at University Methodist but the reception was at White Oak.  Are you having both the ceremony and reception there?  As far as the reception goes, Roslyn ended up being our coordinator because they had 4 weddings that weekend.  For the reception, I felt like she was enough...however I ended up hiring someone for the day of since the ceremony and reception were at different places.  It turned out that the coordinator I hired from Weddings by Allie got hired at White Oak Plantation before the wedding anyway so I basically had two White Oak coordinators.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • stephmarie625stephmarie625 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

No, I am getting married at Most Blessed Sacrament Church and the reception is at White Oak.   I was just trying to decide if i really needed to hire a "day of" coordinator or if the coordinator at White Oak would be enough.   The music lady at my church is supposed to handle the ceremony and rehearsal.  As long as the coordinator at White Oak does what she is supposed to at the reception I am thinking I might be ok?! :)

• melissalyn05melissalyn05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding and reception at White Oak in March and my coordinator was Jordan. She was a big help, but im not sure exactly what you expect her to do. She didnt set up my centerpieces or anything but made sure we did everything in a timely fashion. My only complaint was that my ceremony was supposed to be outside and it was really overcast all day and she was supposed to call me and update me on wether the ceremony would have to be moved inside or not. She never called. I showed up to see them closing the chairs outside and setting up inside and i had a meltdown. I probably would have been ok had she called, it was unexpected to see them moving everything and really upset me.
  • stephmarie625stephmarie625 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your advice.  Two other white oak brides wrote back and said that their coordinators handled everything that they needed on the wedding day, so i think i am just going to save the money and not plan on getting an additional planner for the day of.   Hopefully the white oak one will be able to do whatever i need her too.  My florist should be able to do my table arrangements and table cloths.   I am sorry that it ended up being a cloudy day!   She definiately should have called and let you know that the plans had changed! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards